Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here is the DAL MEC Chairman's letter about the TA....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't believe it! GL gets a TA that pays less than SWA and caves on scope and the spin is in full swing.

Next prediction: GL says this thing is great (even though it's very much a turd) and it passes huge. SWA mgt uses this contract to erode the SWA contract.

yep ole Jenny talks a tough game but doesn't do the tough walk, knew they'd cave (and it will pass) , damn now I won't ever get to swing gear for Jenny, esp since those 35 DCI will include Compass flow, leaving about 4-5 for the rest of DCI

Thanks Tanky (sarcasm heavily implied). I don't think this whole thing is great at all. There are some parts that I have read that aren't as bad as I thought, but I am still waiting for a summary from ALPA (A negotiatior's notepad as we call them), and the roadshow in ATL. I want to hear exactly what they were thinking. I don't know if it will pass "huge", but it may pass. As far as you and the SWA guys go, GK has already made it clear in recent articles that things are getting tougher for you guys, and I don't know if that means he will be trying for cuts for you. I hope not, and I want you to go higher, for all of us. Good luck Tanky, enjoy SWA.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Gerbie, thanks for giving me the job at SWA! Still got some time left in th AF. Still hoping to get on there. What's the point at getting in at Song just to make les than SWA money and then probably give my job to some RJ outfit.

But the 50 seaters are going away though. Looks like your big win is that the 50 seat RJ is getting replaced with a 76 seater. Nice going! And you still make less than SWA. It looks like your best way of making their money is for them to take pay cuts. Way to raise the bar.

You like to post about how much cash Delta is making on bag fees and other customer rip offs...and that got me to thinking. How come Delta can't pay their pilots SWA money? They obviously (according to the monetary figures you show us) afford it. Then I forget how you guys are weak. Maybe you guys should organize and form a union. Then maybe you'd be able to negotiate a pay raise.

Last edited:
Although certainly no DAL expert, this TA looks decent. It would be a big surprise if it did not pass.

While the chest thumpers will thump...most guys want to get on with their lives, earn an increased wage, have scope protection and avoid a protracted fight...the matching SWA argument while valid forgets that LUV have made Money...essentially always...to the contrary elsewhere.

I say well done to the DAL pilots group for raising the bar in what is, let's face it, an uncertain global economic outlook.

Get 'er done

Respectfully,

fv

Last edited:
Although certainly no DAL expert, this TA looks decent. It would be a big surprise if it did not pass.

While the chest thumpers will thump...most guys want to get on with their lives, earn an increased wage, have scope protection and avoid a protracted fight...the matching SWA argument while valid forgets that LUV have made Money...essentially always...to the contrary elsewhere.

I say well done to the DAL pilots group for raising the bar in what is, let's face it, an uncertain global economic outlook.

Get 'er done

Respectfully,

fv

Well said. I'm still trying to figure out how a higher 737 hourly/DC combo at DAL compared to SWA hourly/401k is being so vilified on here.
As far as scope, do these guys really think they could vote in DPA and than just magically get ride of all the RJ flying. The reality is if all that RJ flying went away, so would the passengers that fill up the mainline A/C. Right wrong or indifferent, the cat's out of the bag on that one. At least this TA seems to be trying to shift the pendulum in the right direction anyway.

All sick leave up to a pilot’s yearly accrued maximum will be paid at 100 percent, and for pilots with over 20 years of service, the sick leave accrual will increase from 240 to 270 hours per year.

I've called in sick once in 3 years and I have 142 hours. Win.

Gerbie, thanks for giving me the job at SWA! Still got some time left in th AF. Still hoping to get on there. What's the point at getting in at Song just to make les than SWA money and then probably give my job to some RJ outfit.

But the 50 seaters are going away though. Looks like your big win is that the 50 seat RJ is getting replaced with a 76 seater. Nice going! And you still make less than SWA. It looks like your best way of making their money is for them to take pay cuts. Way to raise the bar.

You like to post about how much cash Delta is making on bag fees and other customer rip offs...and that got me to thinking. How come Delta can't pay their pilots SWA money? They obviously (according to the monetary figures you show us) afford it. Then I forget how you guys are weak. Maybe you guys should organize and form a union. Then maybe you'd be able to negotiate a pay raise.

Tanky,

Your cohorts at SWA already said you were there, just having fun on this board. That's fine, it's obvious.

Anyway, a lot of the 50 seaters at Delta are still on lease for another 10 years. Who did that lease? I don't know, but it is what it is. Just like you guys at SWA got rid of your 717s early, DL management can get rid of a lot of the 50 seaters by trading them UP. But, there will still be 150 fewer 50 seaters in a few years, which is a good thing. You can add 70 76 seaters, but subtract 150 50 seaters, for a net loss of 80 total RJs. Overall, that is a win. The remaining 70 seaters will fly current 50 seater routes, trying to make a profit where the 50s could not. Add to that 88 717s that you guys are getting rid of, and they will fly current 76 seater routes. It all works in the end.

And Delta will be paying the pilots better than SWA money. The Delta 737 pilots will make more per hour when you add the DC fund, and that will equate to about $10 more per hour than the SWA pilot. Planes larger than the 737 at Delta will make a lot more.

Keep up the funny stuff Don Rickles.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well said. I'm still trying to figure out how a higher 737 hourly/DC combo at DAL compared to SWA hourly/401k is being so vilified on here.
As far as scope, do these guys really think they could vote in DPA and than just magically get ride of all the RJ flying. The reality is if all that RJ flying went away, so would the passengers that fill up the mainline A/C. Right wrong or indifferent, the cat's out of the bag on that one. At least this TA seems to be trying to shift the pendulum in the right direction anyway.

With ALPA on the property which coddles the regionals everywhere, no you wont get rid of the RJs. no way no how` the revenue stream in to Alpo is to much.

An independant union` different story!!!

With ALPA on the property which coddles the regionals everywhere, no you wont get rid of the RJs. no way no how` the revenue stream in to Alpo is to much.

An independant union` different story!!!

Sure thing, you've made some pretty impressive gains over there at USAPA!

Latest resources

Back