• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here is more growth for Big D!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard that Delta is planning a hub in Africa similar to the NWA interport hub in NRT with 8-10 757s...

Anyone else heard this?

We'll be using SAL Island, Cape Verde as a stopover for 757 flights into Africa. Looks like mainly turns (hopefully) for the crews with RONs in SAL. You can get your surf on at Ponto Preta. We've also been using DKR as a stopover (crew change) for sometime now for flights into South Africa, Lagos (I think), and looks like for the NBO service..

Last edited:
Good to see all this growth!
Thanks for posting.

Are there any new routes out of ex-NWA hubs?

A few more out of NRT.

NRT-SGN, Vietnam
NRT-JFK
NRT-ATL (additional frequency)
NRT-SLC

That will make Japan-especially NRT-a massive hub for the new DAL. The following will be the departures on an average day out of Japan for DAL:

NRT-ATL (x2)
NRT-JFK
NRT-SEA (x2)
NRT-PDX
NRT-LAX
NRT-SFO
NRT-DTW (x2)
NRT-MSP
NRT-HNL (x2)
NRT-GUM (x2)
NRT-PEK
NRT-PVG
NRT-SPN (x2)
NRT-SIN
NRT-TPE
NRT-HKG
NRT-SLC
NRT-ICN
NRT-MNL
NRT-SGN
NRT-BKK
And some out of Osaka:
KIX-GUM
KIX-SPN
KIX-HNL
KIX-TPE
Add to that---the freighters. Even if they eventually go away, the slots will be used by new passenger routes. Currently they have:
NRT-ANC (x2)
NRT-LAX
NRT-ICN
NRT-PVG
and out of KIX
KIX-ANC

I may have missed some as well.

May be they will build NRT back into what it was several years ago during NWA's peak years.

Last edited:
Yeah AE should be out sometime next week. Well that is what they are saying. Maybe the will surprise us and have it out Friday.

Lots of good growth. If you are hoping for an announcement Friday, keep your fingers crossed that it is the AC order that we have been talking about.

Not to pee on everyone's cheerios, but most of this growth is just a shifting of airplanes from other routes. Granted a couple will be pure growth and longer flight times.

Hoping the mainline replacing of RJ's will be huge!!!!!

I thought Manila was two stuffed full 747's a day to NRT. Is that incorrect?

MNL to the mainland US & Canada would do well. All the Pinoy workers going back and forth keep it busy.

True, but the new flight will require higher manning numbers even if there is not one more jet brought on.

Like I said before take the ALI out of this and you and I agree on more than we think.

BTW do you commute from DFW? Know a guy that used to work for ASA that lives that way.

Hey look....even more growth for Big D (N)

From today's DeltaNet:Gee....you'd think it would be too expensive to keep a single 747-200 around, since all the rest will be gone ya know.....
You know, things change. It is not a static world we operate in. Glad to see the 742 stay around longer. More mainline pilots flying the line.

I thought Manila was two stuffed full 747's a day to NRT. Is that incorrect?

MNL to the mainland US & Canada would do well. All the Pinoy workers going back and forth keep it busy.

It is just one a day from NRT. Yes, MNL-mainland US could do very well I think. According to the higher ups-even if we eventually overfly NRT into many of the Asian cities-that would be in addition to the NRT ops. The O&D traffic out of NRT is huge- Tokyo being the largest city in the world.

Latest resources

Back