Helping out...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HawkerF/O said:
Easy there. You probably do not know enough about the industry to be doing something like that. You could really jam him up by sending a resume to a place that has a pilot working there that knows someone who knows someone who knows your husband's boss. One phone call, and your husband is doing a rug dance asking why he is not happy with his current job, why he wants to leave, etc. Chief pilots have costs to consider, and if they know someone is looking, then they might get reluctant to send a guy back to recurrent. They'll just let him go. Aviation is a small community, so be careful.

Sounds like you might have some experience with this?

I say-Good for you! It is nice to have a spouse that is supportive of a career in aviation. I would love it if I needed a job and I had a wife doing all the research of looking (provided she was knowledgeable in the subject) for one while I could focus on contract work to keep money coming in. Many times after the perverbial 14 hr day the last thing I want to do is hunt the job boards for work. I would be very cautious about flooding the companies with resumes. Like the other poster said aviation is a small world and world travels fast. Why not post his quals and types here. I have seen many posters offer info on jobs that are not even listed. Good luck with everything

pilotswife, you are certainly doing the right thing. The fax machine does not know who sent the resume, it does know if it is the pilot or the wife. Kudos to you and your family. There is nothing wrong with helping your spouse and family. Most men will gladly accept it. I did it for mine!

He got a great job because of my efforts as a team! It all about support!

Last edited:
WTF?

I don't give my esposa help on moving that 1.5 million dollar home she's listing, but MissKittyKat YOU might have killed your man's job with a simple reference check on a simple fax.

Or not. Who knows.

It [is] all about support.

I would leave the stuff that requires personal contact up to him but my wife has been a huge help when it comes to doing the research and getting resumes ready to fax. She is the reason I was able to land my first job flying a jet.

Latest resources

Back