Helping out...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilots-wife

Just wondering how you all think it will be viewed if I help my husband do his networking. While he is out working, I have the time to send out e-mail and search for the “next job.”

Thanks!

pilots-wife said:
Just wondering how you all think it will be viewed if I help my husband do his networking. While he is out working, I have the time to send out e-mail and search for the “next job.”

Thanks!
Easy there. You probably do not know enough about the industry to be doing something like that. You could really jam him up by sending a resume to a place that has a pilot working there that knows someone who knows someone who knows your husband's boss. One phone call, and your husband is doing a rug dance asking why he is not happy with his current job, why he wants to leave, etc. Chief pilots have costs to consider, and if they know someone is looking, then they might get reluctant to send a guy back to recurrent. They'll just let him go. Aviation is a small community, so be careful.

It probably would not help him at all. He needs to do it. Just one day a week is all it would take while he has a job.

pilots-wife said:

Thanks!

pilots-wife....

I think most "forum" posters enjoy responding to an interested spouse. Your husband needs to contact employers but your networking is one of his assets.

I am just trying to help...I guess I am like a secretary...get the letter ready to have him sign. I love helping out...and of course HE will make the contact. The way WE look at it is we are a team. I was just interested in how others would view it.

Are there any other wives that do the same?

Guilty! My husband lost his job do to no more airplane 1 year ago. I'm the one that searches the internet while he does the phone work and gets contract flying. The last couple of months he has been helping an FBO get a jet on 135. The pay ain't great so I keep looking.

Be careful though, I have gotten off this board before "ready for a beer and see something naked!?!?" Guess I've come to understand these pilot types better also.

By the way anybody got a lead for a very qualified Beechjet, Ultra, Excel Captain??

pilotswife90 said:
Guilty! My husband lost his job do to no more airplane 1 year ago. I'm the one that searches the internet while he does the phone work and gets contract flying. The last couple of months he has been helping an FBO get a jet on 135. The pay ain't great so I keep looking.

Be careful though, I have gotten off this board before "ready for a beer and see something naked!?!?" Guess I've come to understand these pilot types better also.

By the way anybody got a lead for a very qualified Beechjet, Ultra, Excel Captain??

Where is he located?

400a

We are in the Midwest but will look at moving for the right position. He has hit the level of frustration that he is considering FS again. He has most experience in corp with 135 early in career and then the FBO thing this last 2 months.

Latest resources

Back