• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks

To everyone who responded thank you!!!!
I appreciate all the input, really.
But I don't think many of you took the time to read my original post or bothered to look at my profile. I have been a professional (and I use the term loosely) pilot for quite some time, which is why these friends came to me for assistance in advising their son. Since I am in the corporate world and have been for quite a while I have lost touch with contacts in the area of entry level type jobs. The purpose of my post was not to invite comment on whether or not this kid was to full of himself to instruct or that he needed a lesson in humility but rather I was just trying to gain some local knowledge about possible opportunities for a fledgeling pilot who was looking to advance through the ranks without having to instruct for a few years. Nothing more, nothing less.
I applaud the kid for having the balls to ask me for his help. As I've posted before, I've counseled him about paying his dues and told him not to expect much with so little time/experience but that doesn't mean I can't ask if anyone has some local insight as to who might be looking for a low time kid willing to work for relatively low wages in a specific geographic area.
All this being said, if any of you out there know of an operator on Long Island who employs low time pilots I'd appreciate hearing about it so I can pass along the info.

Thanks Again!!

PS: Thanks Gumby, now get back to work slacker!!!!!

cheeeezz! with my time and over 1400 hrs of dual given, 121 time and all, I have problems finding a corp gig. anyone care to cry for me?

STREAKS said:
cheeeezz! with my time and over 1400 hrs of dual given, 121 time and all, I have problems finding a corp gig. anyone care to cry for me?
If your time is correct (2k hours), you're still a little "light" for a lot of 91 gigs. There are always exceptions, but an ATP, 4,000 total, 1000 multi and 500 turbine (and some kind of degree) seem to be what a lot of chief pilots look for. You're going to have to have that to be competitive.

'Sled

Oh, and to make matters worse, I just heard from a buddy of my bout this kid with 1100 hours who just landed a job in a GIV. BRILLIANT!!!
I think im done here...

STREAKS--Don't give up. There are always some low-timers out there who get jobs the rest don't have access to. He may have been the owner's kid or nephew or paid for the ride.

Just keep plugging away. It'll happen if you keep a good attitude.TC

AA717driver said:
STREAKS--Don't give up. There are always some low-timers out there who get jobs the rest don't have access to. He may have been the owner's kid or nephew or paid for the ride.

Just keep plugging away. It'll happen if you keep a good attitude.TC
Yeah I know, just chaps my tail is all. I mean who do you gotta inflate to get a job these days?
So, we're having a new baby. The gods are on a roll, aren't they? Must've been playing another round of „Can you top this?“ One started off, „We'll make him a shoe salesman.“ Then another said, „We'll give him a red-head.“ Then another one, probably a cruel, hungover god, said, „But let's have him be a mighty athlete in high school first so his fall will be all the greater.“

Latest resources

Back