Could someone please tell me what the deal
is with ACA and furloughees? They just called
today for an interview and one of the
questions they asked was, "Are you willing to give
up your recall rights?" I am wondering if they really
want people to do this. If anyone out there has any
info please respond, especially guys who are furloughed
and have interviewed with ACA. Any other info would be
greatly appreciated also. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Can you blame them? Why would they hire someone who is going to be waiting by the phone so they can jump ship ASAP?

I told 'em I'd give up any recall rights on the phone. They didn't mention it at the interview. If they ask for something in class, I'll give it to them. (Of course the chances of me getting recalled to my bankrupt former employer are nil to something less than nil).

If I was furloughed by some company I liked and planned to return, I'd just bide my time fixing computers or driving a bus.

ACA doesn't have a training contract so they are looking for ways to retain the people they train. Nothing surprising there.

EOPilot,

Is that Express ones 727 in your pic? As for giving up your number, I agree with Eo, Why should I get bumped for an interview when someone from the begining is not going to stay with the company. You must choice one or the other.

Terry V.

Yeah, if you look real close you'll see it's about six feet shorter than it should be. That's what happens when you leave the gear embedded in the sea wall.

I thought it was a good allegory for the state of the company.

See you in Virginia.

Guys thanks for your comments, but I wasn't looking for a tongue lashing. Can any of the furloughed guys who have interviewed or been hired at ACA please share your experiences regarding your situation. (how they handled being furloughed.) Thanks.

Yes I appreciate the response, though it was preceded by
somewhat of a lecture. The post was more for the guy who posted after you. Just looking for some facts. Thanks for the prompt response. Do you have a class date? If so, do they tell
you in what equipement and or base?

mrvmo-

Send me a private message with any questions that you may have concerning ACA. I interviewed this past week and I'm currently furloughed from another carrier. I'll fill you in on what I've been able to find.

pappy

Latest resources

Back