Help with a question??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

A320Instructor

I can't find any regulatory guidance with regards to an airline "DEPARTING EARLIER THAN SCHEDULED"

However, I seem to remember something from one of my stops along the way with regards to no earlier than "10 minutes"

Is there a reg/HBAT/SFAR covering this?

Any help would be appreciated.

I think that is more of a company directive than anything regulatory. Our company just published a change to the FOM allowing for departures up to 15 mins early.

At jb, nmt 10 minutes early provided all ticketed customers and their accompanying baggage is onboard.

I sent you a pm with the link for the FAA site I found. From the way I interpreted it you can leave up to 1hr before scheduled departure without any required report to ATC/ARTCC

It has nothing to do with scheduled time, unless you've got a slot time (EDCT). What you can't do is push earlier than the release time your dispatcher put on the flight release. At FedEx, the releases are normally time stamped for one hour prior to scheduled departure for just this reason.

A320Instructor said:
I can't find any regulatory guidance with regards to an airline "DEPARTING EARLIER THAN SCHEDULED"

However, I seem to remember something from one of my stops along the way with regards to no earlier than "10 minutes"

Is there a reg/HBAT/SFAR covering this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Look up Common Carrier, you may come up with something.

------------
What you can't do is push earlier than the release time your dispatcher put on the flight release.
------------

My understanding is that you can if your ops manual says you can.

Your ops manual would not be in comliance with Part 121 or the Ops Specs if that's what it says. Better check that language carefully.

At UPS we can go up to 15 minutes earlier than scheduled without an amended release.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back