• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Help with a new book.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KCGX.................The story of how a communist dictator destroyed an evil piece of concrete to protect a city from the feared C172.

I agree with semperfido... BHB is gorgeous.
That's where I learned to fly. The Acadia National park, which holds Cadallac Mountain is always in view in the midst of the Atlantic ocean with all the other islands. Cedar Key, FL is my other all time favorite.

There is a small grass strip south of Penn Yan NY (N22). The name of the town is Hammondsport NY. This is the home of the Glenn Curtiss museum. I am sure you are aware of his history and accomplishments in aviation.

As an added bonus, if you check out this area in the summer and fall you are surrounded by wine country in the heart of the Finger Lakes Region. Pick up some wine to help those creative writing juices flow.

AA

dsptchrnja-

I can't believe you learned to fly at BHB but you didn't come away with the maine values that I and a lot of other mainers on this board hold dear.

I am truely suprised. And saddened

Snakum said:
You GOTTA do something on 2A5 in Liberty, NC :)

Still blows my mind seeing Citation IIIs going into that little patch. Lotsa history ... great folks, too.

Minhberg

Hey, I flew one of those Citations! You aren’t kidding about that runway; it’s more like a driveway. That’s one place your glad a Citation is a Slowtation.

Don’t forget The "Front Porch" restaurant across the street. Nothing makes a pilot fall asleep at the yoke faster than 2 pounds of biscuits and gravy (and a little southern fried chicken).

Thanks for the replies everyone. Please, keep 'em coming.

In South Florida you have the history of Opa Locka (not that small)which at one time was the busiest airport in the United States or a Chalet Suzanne at Lake Wales or try your air carrier landings at Everglades Air Park.

I just started looking through this site. It's certainly a big help. I intend to enlist AOPA, and perhaps the EAA for help. I'm pretty sure they will have some great ideas.

Latest resources

Back