Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Help - thinking of jumping ship for a corp job.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Very good advice

I just made the Jump. I went from a one of the better regionals (6 months from upgrade) for a corpate job. So far it is night and day. The pay is almost double, Getting typed, and instead of being home 8-10 days a month I will be gone 6-8 month. The airlines are not the same as when we grew up.

I only see us pilots contiuning to cut each other at the knees for growing and that upgrade to go to a nonexisting major. So if i was you I would GO. Run like the wind do not look back. If you have to get back in to the airlines you can ,but after you see how well you can be treated why would you!!

PIC is PIC

I could not have said it better myself. The business is not the same as it used to be, and it will never be again. Airline bennies? They are all a joke. Bottom line, always go for the money.

Good posts, but here is another thought. I came to 121 from corporate. Keep in mind that there is actually less job security with corporate then with the regionals. You can plan on losing that job within 3-5 years. Just the way corporate works out. I could be wrong, but everyone I have ever known that has flown corporate (including me) could set their watch to it.

I have lost my job at 2 regionals. I was making around 20 grand a year at those places when I hit the street. All I had was some turbine SIC to show for it. If you get a type and PIC at least you are marketable to someone.

Last edited:
Please do not only take the advice of the bitter airline pilots on this board that have never flown corporate OR that were just lucky enough to jump out of a regional job to a top notch corporate job making a large salary with lots of days off. Corporate can be great, or it can be awful....it all depends on the company. Trust me, there are corporate gigs out there that can make a regional job look good....I worked at one of them. There are others, however, that would make you think twice before leaving them for a major airline. The best advice that I can give is to research every aspect of this corporate job and make SURE that it is going to be in your best interest to go there. Corporate flying is extremely diverse. There is no standard, and not all jobs are the same. Somone telling you to take the corporate job based on the vague bit of information that you have provided is just foolish.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back