Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HELP!! Need suggestion on data roaming plan that can be used globally.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Yohei-San

Hello guys,

So would you guys have any suggestions on what sim-card that has a wide data roaming coverage as I frequently travel overseas and my local telecommunication company charges very expensive and VERY LIMITED coverage and data.

I’ve also considered to buy sim-cards at the particular country I went but the hassle and inconvenience to change the sim-cards and topping up is not very appealing for me.

Thanks !!

Hi MrYohei,

What I do normally is buying each SIM card from the destinations that I normally go. I have a pouch to keep all my SIM cards, and whenever I fly to that country, I will change to that SIM card so that I do not need to buy a new SIM card again. DO NOT USE YOUR CURRENT SIM FOR ROAMING - I have tried for the first month and I literally cried after I see my bill. :bawling: Hope my answer helps.

Hello San, definitely this is a big issue, but there's no much to do but buying a local sim card at each place you go. I think you will find some stores in each airport you go. That's the best way for you to have roaming and save some money... The hassle is when you can not buy a local sim card (it is only sold for locals, or so on..)
Or you can use public wifi as well.
Regards.

Heyyy there Yohei-San, I definitely understand and empathize with the struggle and difficulty that you are facing L

But fortunately I have a possible solution for you which is Flexiroam !! Extra good news is I heard you can REDEEM 1GB of Data for Cabin Crew such as yourself.

Do check it out here: http://bit.ly/2IJCVg3

Latest resources

Back