Help me???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SOLIDEAGLE

Im about to sign my life away to start my career at flight school. Im in with Spartan and looking at a other schools like Embry and the aviation program at OU. Need to know best route to end up in the majors. (Without any unecessary debt) Thanks fellas

Take a look at Prairie Air Service, Google it. You will save a ton of money, get your ratings fast and most importantly get multi time in a great environment. If you haven't already, get a degree and fly at the same time (easier said than done, I know).

Ou

Im about to sign my life away to start my career at flight school. Im in with Spartan and looking at a other schools like Embry and the aviation program at OU. Need to know best route to end up in the majors. (Without any unecessary debt) Thanks fellas

Go with OU, they've got nice airplanes, good staff, cheap prices, and you can get a good degree there in something other than Aviation if you wanted to. They are accredited by CAA and have good internships... I know several people that went to spartan and were not satisfied and went elsewhere, and you don't need to spend the extra money to go to embry riddle, other routes lead to the majors as well..... PM me if you have any specific questions

I assume you are in OK. If so, you might check out southeastern oklahoma state university (in Durant). With the aviation degree you train all the way through your CFII. Prices are quite reasonable. Web site is aviation.sosu.edu - all sorts of info there.

You have to decide on what you want to be a college graduate or a pilot. If is a pilot, you fly airplanes and build resume stuff. It will take approximately 10 years to get to a career position in aviation. You have to commit to the time frame to make it. If you elect after 5 years to get out of flying to pursue your major in college, you will be five years behind that year's college grads. To not fly and get a degree may be fun but it does nothing for your flying career. Now to get a degree on the sides while you are flying, nothing wrong with that.

Hold off on college. Go to AllATPS, pay for their zero to hero program.

Get cracking on the books and get ALL of the writtens passed with 90%+ before showing.

Put up, shut up, and get through their training course, making sure they like you enough to hire you as an instructor as soon as you're finished. Network with your instructors to get their recommendations once they step on to the airlines. Start applying for the regionals as soon as you have a commercial multi instrument.

Get hired as an instructor, get a few months, maybe 2-6, and get started on an online degree program. UNO, ERAU, and others have online degree programs.

However you reach the regionals or cargo or whatever, start applying for the majors as soon as you either reach minimums or reach 1000 hours PIC. Continue working on your degree at the regionals or until hired by a major.

Keep networking while at the regionals or majors as you never know when you're going to get furloughed and need a job ASAP. Sometimes it is hard to get on with McDonalds unless you have an inside person.

Save all of your complaining for FI, that way you'll be really nice to deal with while flying.

Latest resources

Back