Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BOHICAgain

I will miss you Daniel
ok just trying to find input from different people. I just got figured out what my 2005 W2 will be. I just finished first year at a regional and I made a wooping $ 20,500 before taxes (not including per-diem) Thats it its pathetic I know but that first year pay. Second year pay isnt that much better where I am at. Can anyone please tell me how in the world people can survive on this kind of pay. Having a max of 12 days off a month while commuting. Scheds not commuter freindly so I only get to be at home max about 9 full days off at home. A future so bleak that its pathetic. I can only hope to get upgrade within 3 years from now.. but then what be stuck at a regional for the next 10 years.. There are captains where I am at with 6 years getting 11 days off. That not where I want to be..... So please anyone enlighten me why is everybody still here. I know this job is awsome from door close to door open but I just barely take care of myself with this kind of money i cant even imagine what it must be like to have kids and see them almost never.. and to those that are fed up with the profession where are you going....

venting over..

Wal*mart is hiring!

Wal*mart is hiring.

http://www.walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=218

Wal*mart says: "Our average hourly wage for regular full-time associates in the U.S. is $9.68 an hour, almost double the federal minimum wage."

Let's see... $9.68 x 40 hours a week x 52 weeks = $20134.40 a year.

Interesting... $20134.40 a year / 12 months = $1677.86 per month.

Hmmm... $1677.86 / 75 hours a month (typical regional) = $22.37/hour.

Wow, that's more than most regionals pay shiny jet FO's the first year or two, and all you have to do is stand at the door of Wal*mart and say "hello" to the customers as they enter the store. Just like on the shiny jet, but you don't have to fly the store to another city once all the customers are in. Obviously these Wal*mart employees are highly overpaid :laugh: just ask one.

BOHICAgain said:
ok just trying to find input from different people. I just got figured out what my 2005 W2 will be. I just finished first year at a regional and I made a wooping $ 20,500 before taxes (not including per-diem) Thats it its pathetic I know but that first year pay. Second year pay isnt that much better where I am at. Can anyone please tell me how in the world people can survive on this kind of pay. Having a max of 12 days off a month while commuting. Scheds not commuter freindly so I only get to be at home max about 9 full days off at home. A future so bleak that its pathetic. I can only hope to get upgrade within 3 years from now.. but then what be stuck at a regional for the next 10 years.. There are captains where I am at with 6 years getting 11 days off. That not where I want to be..... So please anyone enlighten me why is everybody still here. I know this job is awsome from door close to door open but I just barely take care of myself with this kind of money i cant even imagine what it must be like to have kids and see them almost never.. and to those that are fed up with the profession where are you going....

venting over..

Your the one who took the job knowing darn well what the pay and bennies were. Go look yourself in the mirror. It's people like you that cause the entry level pay to be so poor. Stop taking the jobs and pay might go up. It's all suuply and demand. I'm not saying right or wrong but don't take the job if you don't like the pay. Get a clue and stop venting. You knew darn well what you were getting into.

DetoXJ said:
Your the one who took the job knowing darn well what the pay and bennies were. Go look yourself in the mirror. It's people like you that cause the entry level pay to be so poor. Stop taking the jobs and pay might go up. It's all suuply and demand. I'm not saying right or wrong but don't take the job if you don't like the pay. Get a clue and stop venting. You knew darn well what you were getting into.

How do u function on a daily basis with such a complete lack of logical reasoning? You have no idea where or for whom this guy works, but "People like you..." BS! Ya how about everyone justs stops taking jobs, IDIOCY! If your flying is half as bad as you logic you'd crash before starting engines!

Back to our topic, who is that chick on your avatar BOHICA? And good luck man, I know your pain....

PS,
Instead of no one taking jobs how about every Captain in america quits his jobs, instantly upgrading every FO. (This makes sense because Captains have most likely been around in most cases much longer than your average FO. This is important because they most likely voted on a contract that screws the new guys while padding their own pockets down the road... Not saying it;s wrong at all, just true...)

Ok then big shot. How about your put your $$$ where your mouth is and quit. Your the one being the cry baby. I'm not complaining. If you are too stupid to know what you are getting yourself into then don't expect the Captains to feel sorry for you little boo-hoo woe is me story. Subway is always looking for new Sandwich Artists. One thing is for sure, the airline industry for sure wont miss you. ERAU & UND Ect. Guys/Gals are lined up for miles to replace you at horse crap entry level wages. Can you say Supply & Demand? I think you are the one who needs a reality check on your logic.

Hey can u show me where I complained? I don't have a problem with my job, it COULD be better in many ways, but it is what it is... Your posts are especially suprising seeing the regional equipment you list.

Last edited:
It still shocks me how all these schools are offering jobs to their graduates for near nothing pay and the students are putting up $40k plus to do this. The glamour and life style of airline pilots is long gone and it's only getting worse. Two major airlines are in court trying to hold on to the scope that they built. The regional guys may think this is great now - but guess what? Let's say this happens and the regionals grow even faster than they are and start flying 100 seaters. You might see a bump in top pay to the $100k mark. There is still no pension, you're still getting 12 days off and flying to crap destinations and even better - there is NO major to apply to to make the real $$ BECAUSE the regionals have taking all the flying away.

Catch 22 bro....Enjoy the life style or get out of aviation. It's not the job our fathers had!

Baja.

Latest resources

Back