Help me Design a Pilot Lounge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep FNT

FNT... the desk help isn't bad either...

Holy sh!t yeah, she has some huge knockers! I don't mind going through FNT, I wish she was there a few years ago when I did my ME/Comm there.

I agree with siouxicide, magazines other than aviation magazines would be really nice. Sometimes you want to wander away from aviation a little bit. Magazines such as Automobile, EVO, Men's Health, Newsweek, Time, Popular Science, and don't forget about Seventeen would be really nice. I also agree that Stratos and other magazines of that sort that contain 80% advertisements and the remaining 20% are things that I could care less about are complete junk.
A snooze room with beds that are clean. I just went to an FBO somewhere that asked you to notify the front desk whenever you were done with your nap so that they could go there and put clean sheets etc.. for the next pilot. They also put a little card on it that said Clean or something like that. I thought it was great.
Wi-fi is a must. Phone booths would be nice too so you don't bother everyone else. A few computers for those of us that don't carry them or forgot them.
I know you said you have chairs and I'm not sure you meant recliners. If you did great, if not I would suggest you contact Elliot Aviation @KDSM (Des Moines, IA). They have the most comfortable recliners I have ever seen. I even wrote the model, etc... down so i could eventually get one for my place. PM if you want to know the model, I'm on a trip right now and I have it at home.
Now, if we are going to talk WOW factor, nothing has made more of an impression on me than Million Air @ KALB (Albany, NY). They have a movie theater with a touch screen controller where you can select movies from a database and play them. I believe you could also control the lights. I also believe there were four or five seats per level and maybe three or four levels?! Sorry, it's been a few years, somebody here might be able to be more precise on the description.
Current Blu-Ray, DVDs would be really nice. Maybe you could work out a deal with the current video store where you could have a few new releases at hand and exchange them every couple of weeks or something.
Hope this helps. Best of luck.
BTW, where is this place?

How about a cool crew car?
Nicest crew car: FYV Jaguar or Hangar 51 Porsche
Most character: JVY Ford Crown Vic Squad
Most frightening: Mine

Best Suggestion: Restored '68 Charger

I want the "Blade" Special Edition 68 Dodge Charger with Rachel Weitz in either seat.
Or in the back.

Although I might settle for a 5.0 Stang. Or even that Smart Car with the Hayabusa plant.

Here's a personal salute to all those FBOs who loaned crew cars, sometimes even
their own personal vehicles, to worn-out check runners and night dogs. THANK YOU!

how about reasonable fuel prices, CSR's that are proactive with providing service, and well trained Line Technicians who are happy to see you when you pull in and are johnny on the spot with their duties.

I thought the idea, at least if you're the one managing the aircraft, is to reduce overhead as much as reasonably possible. I don't think paying extra for fuel just to have a PS3 I can f*@k off with is worth it.

Pilots always want something for free. TV with lots of channels and wireless internet is about the best to ask for. Snooze rooms should be standard, as well as coffee. But folgers is just as good if not better than that chocolate starfish, uh, I mean starbucks crap.

Everyone can dream big, but be realistic. And BTW, to those who are going out jogging or exercising away from the airport, what would you do if you're pax popped in without notice, early, and wanted to leave immediately. I know a pilot who flew for a fortune 100 company that did this, and it came up to bite him in the a$$ when the CEO showed up 4 hours early. Your job is your job. Not a good idea to mix business with pleasure.

So, with that said, here is my list.

1. Friendly, Attentive and Professional CSR and Line Staff
2. Reasonable Fuel Price
3. A few TV's with Satelite or Cable with Movie and Sports Channels
4. Comfortable and DARK Snooze Rooms
5. Clean and Orderly Restrooms, possibly with shower facilities (with
disposable shower shoes. They're cheap, cost about 25 cents/pair)
6. Wireless Internet Access, with Free Print Service
7. Well organize Planning and Weather Room with COLOR Printer.
8. Private Phone 'booths' with Individual Landline Telephones Providing
Free Local and Long Distance Calls

Latest resources

Back