Help me Chose, CJ3 PIC or CL300 SIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NCherches

Ok... here are the offers... both pay the same, similar benifits about the same schedule.

CJ3 Single Pilot PIC (Jeans friendly gig, part 91)
or
CL300 SIC (Part 91/135)

Help a brotha' out!

Is the CJ3 for a family? 1 airplane? If so, it could disappear without warning...keep that in mind.

Its for a business... fairly stable as they fly often and have money...

Airplanes disappearing from owners... know about that all too well~

it all depends on what you are like. do you like having another guy to talk to? do you already have over 1000 turbojet pic? do you have bigger a/c experience than light jets? if i had 1000 jet pic in light jets and that is it i would enjoy flying something a little bigger like a 300.

You already have the 525s type I imagine...that CL30 type would look good on a resume, although 135 work colors things some.

I know the CJ family is very single-pilot friendly, but there's something about high-net worth passengers and important business professionals betting their lives on a SINGLE pilot flying a jet in the low to mid-40,000 range that boggles my mind. Not an argument pertinent to this discussion though...

Location the same for both jobs?

Some people can get pigeon-holed in smaller airplanes. If you can get established in the big-cabin market, it might be a good thing.

willNOT asked the right question. Do you have an upgrade or PIC type promised? If not, you can languish in the right seat.

If the 300 people are making any kind of promises, get them in writing. Good luck. TC

You already have a CJ3 type. I say go to the CL300 if you have the opportunity to get typed and possibly move to the left seat in a year or two. CL300 time can only make you more valuable over the long run.

I would fly the CL300 if I had the chance (nice and comfy up front relative to the CJ3 too):

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1062940&size=L&width=1024&height=693&sok=&photo_nr=1

The industry is a crap shoot. Get some great/valuable type ratings and you improve your odds of finding your optimal position.

Same location for both jobs... the CL300 job is a PIC type with a year contract but no promises of an upgrade...

thanks for the advice as of now... I am leaning towards the CJ3 job mainly cause im sick of flying with wierd pilots haha

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back