• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Help...I need honest opinions please.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd take the Wal-mart job and instruct part time.

If you don't mind lowering your standards, apply to Mesa. I've heard that they are so desperate that they are hiring 200 hour commercial pilots. Of course, it'd be nice to be debt free going into that since you will be working for peanuts if you get hired there.

I would plan on getting a few hours and getting out of there as quick as humanly possible.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I will take the job and instruct part-time. Being debt-free will be excellent, plus I could go buy some multi time and who knows, possibly get that first dream job. After checking a number of airlines, some don't even pay you doing 2+ months of training so being debt-free will help.

I was able to talk to 5 of my students and they don't think it's a problem so I will give it a shot. Thanks for all the advice...trust me, it did help.

Mesa hiring

blueridge71 said:
I've heard that [Mesa] [is] so desperate that they are hiring 200 hour commercial pilots . . .
Not exactly. Street hires still have to meet street mins of 1000 total and 100 multi. As a practical matter, they need far more than that to be competitive. That was true even 13 1/2 years ago when I had my Mesa interview.

MAPD grads, i.e., those who go through Mesa's flight school, can be hired at 300 hours. MAPD flight instructors get an interview, but they still have to meet the 1000-100 mins. I don't know the time requirements for the (P-F-T-pay-for-interview) PACE program.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back