Help drive a stake through Gulfstreams heart

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rtmcfi

Please feel free to send your comments to the folks below telling then what you think of Gulfstream Airlines. Great Lakes isn't exactly the best outfit, but it is heads and shoulders over that PFT outfit. The more of theese contracts the lose out on, the less likely they will come out of bankruptcy.

http://billingsgazette.com/business...cle_ad80dcf8-59b9-5e39-9114-87c890a87510.html

The federal Essential Air Service contract awarded to Great Lakes Aviation two years ago to serve seven Eastern Montana cities expires April 30 and the Cheyenne, Wyo., company now has a rival bidder.
The U.S. Department of Transportation said Great Lakes Aviation and Gulfstream International Airlines have both submitted bids for the next two-year contract to serve Glasgow, Glendive, Havre, Lewistown, Miles City, Sidney and Wolf Point, flying passengers to Billings and Denver.
The DOT administers the EAS program, which provides federal subsidies so regional airlines can provide service to smaller U.S. cities — routes that otherwise would be unprofitable. The annual federal subsidy for the Eastern Montana routes tops $10 million a year.
For nearly three decades, Big Sky Airlines flew these routes, but financial troubles grounded the planes in March 2008 and killed off the airline. The cities went nearly a year with no regular commercial flights until Great Lakes took over the contract.
The public is asked to submit any comments by Wednesday to Dennis J. DeVany, chief, Essential Air Service Division, X-52, Office of Aviation Analysis at the U.S. Department of Transportation or to call Brian Swanson at 202-366-5392.

Hey,
I have flown with many ex-Lakers, and they were some of the best sticks out there, right up there with FreightDoggies. More power to them!
PBR

...so technically if you put them out of business you'd be putting paid employees out of work.

All so their PFT side won't have any more lift to sell classes for?

You really think they won't just do it somewhere else?

How about spreading the word about PFT-ing to every university/flight school/whore house/Republican Bathouse/Skid Row alley/Church? I think that would do MUCH more for your cause.

The left seats are paid, while the right seats are rented out. Sounds like a wash to me.

ANY loss of a job shouldn't be considered a "wash"...

How long has it been since your last furlough?

ANY loss of a job shouldn't be considered a "wash"...

You're missing my point. The capacity wouldn't go away -- another airline (say, Great Lakes) would fly it. But you're right, it wouldn't be a wash. Gulfstream going under would be a net gain of jobs! Instead of a paid pilot and a rent-by-the-hour FO, any other airline would be paying two pilots.

Gulfstream is a cancer on this business. They have FOs renting out what should be a paid position... They've been found falsifying duty and rest time records... they fired a captain for refusing a multiple-MEL situation as unsafe... they were caught putting car parts on the airplanes!

This is a horrible company. It needs to die.

This is a horrible company. It needs to die.

Word!

The only thing I'm getting at is the actual employed pilots. Who grieves for them?

(The hippie liberal in me is coming out strong this evening, my apologies)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back