Hellonewman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hey newwoman,

how come you cant answer the question about your interview at Continental? Are you going to tell the interviewer about you hatred of unions? You say that all you have to do is tell the interviewer what they want to hear? In order to have a pilot certificate one has to be of good moral judgement. Do you think that lying to the interview team meets that qualification?
How come you are applying to another airline? is it because they have better pay and work rules? if so, how do you think those came about?

simple questions...

thanks

I have been busy with interview related things so here are your answers.

I will not discuss anything related to unions at my interview period. Unions are not a relevant topic for an interview since membership is optional not required. This is an interview to be a pilot not about politics and unions.

I will not be lying to an interviewer because I doubt they will ask me anything about unions anyway. It ain't lyin if they don't ask me. In all the gouge I have read I have never seen one question about your beliefs on unions. Those type of questions rightfully stay out of interviews.

I am applying to another airline well duh they have better payrates. In order to be control of my own destiny I must work for an airline that is not tied like an anchor to other major airlines. I must work for an airline that makes its own money not one that relies on fee per departure.

This is the last time I will mention anything until I either get the job or not. I will not mention class dates, I will not mention interview dates. In fact I may have already had it you never know. I am not letting some FI blowhards try to ruin my hard earned shot at a major just because they disagree with me. Hope this clears things up.

"they have better payrates"

Again, how do you think they got those better payrates? Was it because management felt bad for the pilots?

"they have better payrates"

Again, how do you think they got those better payrates? Was it because management felt bad for the pilots?

The union got them because they used to have the power to strike. They no longer have this power which is why they are pretty much pointless now a days. Financially sustainable numbers are what should.

Lets get back the that moral thing you mentioned.

skypine69 said:
In order to have a pilot certificate one has to be of good moral judgement. Do you think that lying to the interview team meets that qualification?

What a general statement to make. How about all the pilots that cheat on their wives? What about guys who don't mention what skeletons they have in their closet during the interview? Trust me that whole moral character thing is a joke. If they actually held to that standard half the pilots would be disqualified because they are out cheating on their wives with the f/as.

I have been busy with interview related things so here are your answers.

I will not discuss anything related to unions at my interview period. Unions are not a relevant topic for an interview since membership is optional not required. This is an interview to be a pilot not about politics and unions.

I will not be lying to an interviewer because I doubt they will ask me anything about unions anyway. It ain't lyin if they don't ask me. In all the gouge I have read I have never seen one question about your beliefs on unions. Those type of questions rightfully stay out of interviews.

They will definitely ask about unions, and if you have any brains, you will train yourself to give a good "I love unions" answer. And it is RELEVANT to being a good pilot. do you think that any one of the 4000 guys at that airline will want to fly with someone who is not a member of the union? sounds like a pretty quiet 4 day trip to me.

Mookie

They will definitely ask about unions, and if you have any brains, you will train yourself to give a good "I love unions" answer. And it is RELEVANT to being a good pilot. do you think that any one of the 4000 guys at that airline will want to fly with someone who is not a member of the union? sounds like a pretty quiet 4 day trip to me.

Mookie

hmmmm tahats funny never heard of that before. It is not relevant to being a pilot at all. There are quite a few people at every airline that choose not to be members. Remember membership is optional. That is one of the benefits of being part of this great country you don't have to join anything you don't want. Sure you may have to pay fees but you still don't have to do anything to do with it. You can still let everyone else do all the work.

On the off chance I am asked about unions I will tell them what they want to hear of course. "Unions are important to giving us a collective voice to protect our careers. Without unions we wouldn't be where we were today." It is easy telling people what they want to hear. I will be a good little union soldier for my first year. Once I am off probation I will refuse to join and let my true self come out. For the interview though its all about telling them what they want to hear about unions while making it sound genuine. Trust me I have had acting experience before. That is all an interview really is, putting on an act. It is like being in a play.

Sure you may have to pay fees but you still don't have to do anything to do with it. You can still let everyone else do all the work.

"Unions are important to giving us a collective voice to protect our careers. Without unions we wouldn't be where we were today."

You said it.

Totally willing to take a free ride. At least your personality is consistant. You do acknowlege that there is work involved which leads me to believe you do, on some level, understand the significance.

www.alpa.org/colgan

Your experiences are different than mine, then; I only once saw a line pilot during my interview process. Management pilots, now that is another story entirely!

Out of curiosity, how many airline interviews have you been to in the last 10 yrs?

Latest resources

Back