Hellonewman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DX Rick said:
You Die Hard ALPA guys. How do you feel about your ALPA brothers hiring GoJet guys?

Not a die-hard ALPA guy, but I have volunteered for my MEC and LEC.

Just wanted to point out that most often, line pilots do not hire other line pilots - human resources representatives do. Unless there is a Captain's Board or candidate names are posted for employees to comment on, there is no medium by which for current employees to object to the hiring of another.

Good for your former coworkers (Chicago Express, right?) that have moved on, and I seriously mean that. I'm sure their goal was PIC time and progress...I just wish they hadn't done that on the backs of TSA pilots. After 2 years of working for Hulas with no contract, I'd want the hell out of there too...

Just wanted to point out that most often, line pilots do not hire other line pilots - human resources representatives do. Unless there is a Captain's Board or candidate names are posted for employees to comment on, there is no medium by which for current employees to object to the hiring of another.

are you sure? I've interviewed at 3 airlines, and at each one there was at least one line pilot that interviewed me at some point, along with an HR rep. they were as follows

1-line pilot and HR rep
2-line pilot and HR rep
3-3 line pilots and one HR rep

at any one of these I could have been nixed by the line pilot.

are you sure? I've interviewed at 3 airlines, and at each one there was at least one line pilot that interviewed me at some point, along with an HR rep. they were as follows

1-line pilot and HR rep
2-line pilot and HR rep
3-3 line pilots and one HR rep

at any one of these I could have been nixed by the line pilot.

Your experiences are different than mine, then; I only once saw a line pilot during my interview process. Management pilots, now that is another story entirely!

Either way, my point was Average Joe Lineholder doesn't have any pull on who gets hired or not...

Either way, my point was Average Joe Lineholder doesn't have any pull on who gets hired or not...

I see. understood.

I think that at any airline, however, you can email the HR rep and say something like 'I heard this guy was interviewing. In my opinion, he's a tool' or something to that effect, and he wouldn't do too well.

SkyNation said:
I think that at any airline, however, you can email the HR rep and say something like 'I heard this guy was interviewing. In my opinion, he's a tool' or something to that effect, and he wouldn't do too well.

That very well may be...but how is one to know someone of ill repute is interviewing unless they personally know them or there is a list of names posted? Other than Southwest, does anybody else post an interview list?

On a side note....if JackAZZ neWOMAN becomes a Continental Pilot....the WORLD is coming to an end! :puke:
But GoJet pilots have already gotten on at CAL. These guys were the ones who were considered as "scabs" by most people, especially ALPA guys.
So how have they got hired on?

They interview with a line pilot and HR rep, all that line pilot has to do is bad mouth him, and he doesn't get a job. So why isn't the tight nit brotherhood working?

Boiler, when I interviewed at my airline it was a IOE checkairman and regular line captain. They go back at the end of the day and tell HR people Yay pr Nay....I'm sure it's different everywhere.

Hellownewwoman is interviewing at CAL? Well, he should fit in real well with about 800 of them.
Are you refering to the SCABS over there? Kind of like the SCAB you paid down at GIA to get your flying career? How much did you give him? You're quick to pull the trigger on others, but forget quickly where you came from and what you did, just to get your "dream job" of flying a Jet.

So I am curious. How much money did you spend down at GIA, to get on with PCL?

Other than Southwest, does anybody else post an interview list?
Yes, Airtran puts up a list in their crew lounge of pilots up for interviews and lets any and all line pilots comment either positive or negative things about those people. Frankly I think all airlines should do this. It's a small enough community that collectively we ought to be able to do a little tool-control.

-Blucher

so how come newwoman cant answer the question...i have no ide if its CAL, i just assume becuase I think (i dont know for sure becuase i dont want to work there and I dont want to take the time to check the mins) they dont require PIC time. and some consider it a major airline. anyway, i dont care if he goes there or not, i am leaving OO and where i am going requires pic time so he wont be senior to me.

Latest resources

Back