• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hellonewman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
congrats on moving on. where are you going to?

Yes, Airtran puts up a list in their crew lounge of pilots up for interviews and lets any and all line pilots comment either positive or negative things about those people. Frankly I think all airlines should do this. It's a small enough community that collectively we ought to be able to do a little tool-control.

-Blucher
This is a great idea, but it would suck to have the same name as a hated man.
They should have the pilots name, and which airline he is coming from, especially places like GIA and TAB.

This is a great idea, but it would suck to have the same name as a hated man.
They should have the pilots name, and which airline he is coming from, especially places like GIA and TAB.
That's a good point. Also, the system isn't fool proof, by any means. One of the worst pilots I've ever had the pleasure of flying with managed to get on at Airtran without getting the thumbs down. When I saw this person in an Airtran uniform I immediately called some buddies over there to ask why said person was hired. ALL of them responded, "what??!?!? If I had know that name was on the list I would have made damn sure ____ hadn't gotten on!" So you see, for the system to work, good communication is the key.

-Blucher

You've got to be kidding!

Seriously....
I really like the idea of doing that list, but how long has Air Tran been doing this? The super-ultra-mecha-king of all tools at ASA got hired there about a year or so ago. EVERYONE hated this guy, and a lot of people who knew what an idiot he was were flying there already. It would be a surprise to know that he got past a "tool list"
-WOW

Not a die-hard ALPA guy, but I have volunteered for my MEC and LEC.

Just wanted to point out that most often, line pilots do not hire other line pilots - human resources representatives do. Unless there is a Captain's Board or candidate names are posted for employees to comment on, there is no medium by which for current employees to object to the hiring of another.

Good for your former coworkers (Chicago Express, right?) that have moved on, and I seriously mean that. I'm sure their goal was PIC time and progress...I just wish they hadn't done that on the backs of TSA pilots. After 2 years of working for Hulas with no contract, I'd want the hell out of there too...
True fact,
But they man the sims and do lots of line checks and observations, and probationary pilots are not immune from the termination without recourse!
Use your imagination, those "coworkers" are not your friend they are the enemy and will stick a spear into your back for any number of reasons, them and their spawn deserve to live in govt. trailers. Fukkem! Welfare is too good for them!
PBR

True fact,
But they man the sims and do lots of line checks and observations, and probationary pilots are not immune from the termination without recourse!
Use your imagination, those "coworkers" are not your friend they are the enemy and will stick a spear into your back for any number of reasons, them and their spawn deserve to live in govt. trailers. Fukkem! Welfare is too good for them!
PBR

There you go again, making sexual reference towards men. Something you want to tell us? :) just messing with ya!

All I'm saying is that some ALPA guys at the regional level are threatening the future careers of anyone who thinks differently about ALPA. But when these guys who were from Freedoms A-Listers, GoJet and the likes head to the majors, especially majors that are ALPA, they get hired on. We all know Line pilots sit in on the interview, and can sway HR's decisons either way. Why aren't they? It's not like the majors have to hire everyone off the street like the regionals do. They have a nice crop to pick from.

PS
PCL_128 is a GIA troll.

Last edited:
Seriously....
I really like the idea of doing that list, but how long has Air Tran been doing this? The super-ultra-mecha-king of all tools at ASA got hired there about a year or so ago. EVERYONE hated this guy, and a lot of people who knew what an idiot he was were flying there already. It would be a surprise to know that he got past a "tool list"
-WOW

Lemme guess.. C.D., right?

i whink we are forgeting that newwomen wont answer the question. havent seen him on here....maybe he is scared that he jacked up his shot at a "major"

Latest resources

Back