• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hello flyi.com (ACA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many of the ACA--United Express passengers in IAD were connecting onto United mainline flights? I read that Ryan will be flying 4 A320s for you in the Spring, which means not much frequency for the transcon flights. I just wonder how much feed you will get from your own RJs?

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

General,
I heard that 60% of the ACA traffic at IAD is connecting from one CRJ to another. An additional 20% of the traffic is flying into IAD on us and then back out (out and in) So in other words, the large majority of United traffic is United Express traffic on ACA.

I'll second the non-UA pax. When I flew at ACA it was very common to have passengers that NEVER connected to a UAL flight. Many times flying the CRJ out of LGA I would have to request ballast as the A/C was loaded with 50 pax but only had 1 checked bag.

In case no one noticed, EVERY job in aviation is a crap shoot. Even SWA(especially if they hire me:D ) CAN run into problems.

Pick what looks best and where you think you would be happy and go there. If you are relatively happy where you are, stay there.

There is no "green grass" in aviation--it's just the color of the lenses we're looking through.TC

Re: Irrational Exuberance

Sniper@YourFeet said:
And just where do you think all the UAX branded Mesa CRJ's are gonna' go? Everywhere you go, you will be followed by UA, stalking you, undercutting you. Sucks when someone undercuts ya', huh?

Yeah, UA's Ch. 11, but the US Gov. won't let the 2nd largest carrier in the US (in the world?) just up and die. ACA could vanish like a fart in the wind and nobody would really notice right now (other than some United passengers in WV and the Carolinas).

I want ACA to do well (if only so that Orenstein doesn't get his hands on NB's or all of ACA's cash so he can really grow like the cancer he is), but I think this might be a case of 'irrational exuberance'. Time will tell.

Can MESA come up with 87 more RJ's that fast? Can the entire UAX system come up with 87 RJ's that fast?

One more point to consider. UAL cut frequency big time to many CRJ cities out of IAD. Cities like RDU and SAV come to mind initially. So UAL may be able to match service to cities, but no way will they be able to match frequency. Flight time options are just as big as ticket price in this industry.

Re: Re: Re: Irrational Exuberance

Sniper@YourFeet said:

Yeah, that's a scientific poll. I'll send a link to that one to the Sr. Director of Marketing. Looks like ACA has it all wrong.

A businessman that could travel up and down the East Coast in one day and be back in time for dinner will pay an extra 20-50 bucks to fly on "I", rather than driving 2-4 hours around the Beltway in rush hour traffic. Like I said before this isn't some new idea. ACA had been doing this prior to fee-per-departure (except for the low ticket cost part) for years. Plus they made money doing it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Irrational Exuberance

Carl_Everett said:
A businessman that could travel up and down the East Coast in one day and be back in time for dinner will pay an extra 20-50 bucks to fly on "I", rather than driving 2-4 hours around the Beltway in rush hour traffic.

Who flies on the NYC-DC shuttle? It ain't guys who pay for tickets, it's guys who use the miles they build on the shuttle for upgrades and free tickets to exotic locals.

ACA will have, what, 4 busses flown by Ryan? What could you possibly offer a price-insensitive traveler?

I just don't get how this will work yet.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Irrational Exuberance

Sniper@YourFeet said:
Perhaps you need to reaccquaint yourself with who flies on the NYC-DC shuttle. It ain't guys who pay for tickets, it's guys who use the miles they build on the shuttle for upgrades and free tickets to exotic locals.

ACA will have, what, 4 busses flown by Ryan? What could you possibly offer a price-insensitive traveler?

Perhaps you need to reaccquaint yourself with the USAIR/DELTA Shuttle's route structure. If "I's" only routes were IAD-LGA and IAD-BOS, I'd be a little worried. However, the Shuttle doesn't go to RDU, CAE, SAV, JAX, ALB, etc. So I think it should work out just fine.

Do you ever read press releases? I will get its Airbusses in Sept of 04, with 1st revenue in Nov 04. Those 4 busses will be flown until I starts getting its own.

I haven't seen you comment on AirTran, don't they have Ryan busses flying right now? Has it hurt them?

Latest resources

Back