Hello ACA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Snellthejeta,
"The face" I am referring to is not experienced too often. But when it is it's the "Just get the hell out of here will ya?!!" look they give. Now I don't get this from Lt. Dan or the other rampers who have been there a while. It's usually the newer guys who see the 41's going out on one engine. I'm suprised to hear that (if) a significant amount of 41's go out on two engines. Especially with all the fuel policing. I never did unless it was at one of those tight gates or if it was really icy out there.
BINGO on the remark of the ACA management. They have some improvement in some areas while others actually get even worse. But if I go into it any further, it will become a free-for-all on here with anyone who works at ACA. Even at that, it beats digging holes.
Watch out on that ramp!
Terry

C141FE said:
Wow..........
I wrote this thread to see whats going on at ACA furloughed pilots and here I find pilots vs rampers.

TV

We didn't do it....the ramper started it.....he did it... not us....;)

smellthejeta said:
...If a pilot has accused a ramper of something, you can pretty much be assured that the ramper is already convicted (no union ya know).....(again, no union).

...Terry, what is "the face" that you are referring to? 9 times out of 10, crews would start both engines at the gate, so I'm not sure what would make the ramper get upset. It's not like you're doing something that was strange.

If I remember correctly you guys voted no to unionizing a couple years ago.

As for "the face", I saw it every once in a while. Most of the time it was in gate 12A when another airplane was parked at 12B. Just try single engine taxi out of there in the J41. Riiiight. "The face" pretty much said to me that the ramper just wanted me to get the heck out of the gate and by making him stand there for another 45 seconds I'm ruining his day.

I heard that Dean Hess, for obvious reasons, was not fired, but merely transfered. I also heard that pilots from the trainning department were not going to be put online. I don't know why they wouldn't if they plan on long term furloughs and a trainning hault? hmm. I do not know if these are true. However I will make one observation. Everyone at ACA knows Skeen is a very, very, very good business man. All of this doom and gloom is exactly what management wants to see. If they can get the pilot group scared, they stand a much better chance of getting what they want. In my humble opinion I believe that ACA's management wants to take advantage of the current situation and make ACA more cost effective. So far I think it is working considering I have not heard a positive thing from an ACA pilot in months and this thread has been reduced to fighting ramp employees. Hang in there guys. At this point it is to early to tell which way the ball is going to roll. I think it is in managements interest to have its pilots believing that the ball is rolling towards the dark side, but the reallity of it is, it could just as easy role towards good times. I really hope it works out because it will be hard to reproduce a pilot group as good as ACA's.

C141FE I hope everything is well with you and I hope that you have a wonderful ACA to return to.

Actually, many of the instructor pilots that weren't laid off outright ARE being put back on-line. The union is all over this one as it involves some of the IP's being involuntarialy placed in domiciles other than IAD...

CRJ puppy said:
Actually, many of the instructor pilots that weren't laid off outright ARE being put back on-line. The union is all over this one as it involves some of the IP's being involuntarialy placed in domiciles other than IAD...

Don't the instructor pilots at ACA have seniority numbers and a base assignment?

They are getting them now...

they are non-union while IP's...

now going back to "union" positions (so to speak)...

see other post, another 101 furloughs in addition to other positions cut.

Lovely.

Hey CRJPUPPY

I read our ACAWAY post from Tom if they take 100 more that will put me on the fence. Where do you stand? At least I am over here in Kuwait City where there is alot of flying and boy do ever say anything bad about our ATC controllers. Over here they lose you and then you get fighters intercepting you. It does not feel so good when your getting identified by an F-16.

Terry

sorry...

Sorry Terry, but were gone if the 100 go. Were only 160ish from the bottom and with 197 going, its toodles doodles for us!
Sucks you have to come back to no job. Talk to you later
:(

Re: .

acaTerry said:
Unfortunately, it seems more in the direction of the Captain being the same worth as a ramper, than a ramper being the same worth as a Captain....

maybe you guys should apply for a ramp job. i know they need help in ORD. I made $18k last year working part time...

well said jjbiv and smellthejeta. (esp regarding lower level mgt)

i know that there are always a few losers in a crowd. i've gotten "the face" before from FO's who are rolling their eyes at the CA. lets take a 20 minute de-icing delay, because the CA wants all the condensation sprayed off the wing-lets.

remember fellas, glycol is not cheap...

but i think that overall, ACA pilots are a good bunch to work with. ive had several CA's that have helped me load bags, once even in a snow storm.
CA Turner (IAD) and CA McGath, hope you guys are still flying...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back