Helicopters anyone? (Need advise)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rotors

I was accepted into the WOFT program by the Army of one. I think the cutoffis 29 and 1/2 not really sure about this because I'm 26 and didn't really have to worry about that. The WOFT program does guarantee flight training. The only thing that pisses me off is there going to make me go to regualar boot camp 1st the WOCS. I would love to go full commission sincee I already have my degree and everything but a full commission will not guarantee you a flight slot.

I'm a little like you, I want to have fun more than I want to make a lot of money. I think I would love being an EMS roor wing pilot. I worked as a detention officer from the time I was 18-20 and loved it. I also thought about getting a law enforcement job flying a helo, that would be the best of both worlds for me. Only thing is no foot pursuits and that is one of the most fun things of being a cop, finally catching up to the guy and getting to tacke him.

If anyone is thinking of going to flight school in the Army in order to "fly" then "DO NOT," I repeat,"DO NOT" go in as a regular officer (ie., Lieutenant, Captain, etc). You may make it to flight school, but won't be doing much flying. The Warrant Officers (specialized officers that stay in one field of expertise) do 80% of the flying and are in-charge of the flying programs in the units. This is a gauranteed position.

If your worrying about going to regular boot camp before attending the warrant officer course, it's only 2.5 months and goes by before you can blink and eye.

Timp

Latest resources

Back