• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Heart Palpitations and Tachycardia

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just some advice for anyone who searches this topic tachycardia, You can still be a pilot if you have tachycardia. The key is your condition must be controlled by medication. Get with your trusted AME ASAP because it takes a special isuance. Your AME can give the exam, but must forward all your medical records to FAA headquaters. The FAA docs will look it over and then issue you a medical. It takes time so dont wait unitl the month your medical is expiring in. Give yourself plenty of time. Also, if you run out of time. The FAA can give your AME special authorization to issue the medical. If you have an EP study and ablation procedure your grounded for 90 days. Fortuntaley, medication has helped my condition. The doctors never found the cause of my tachycardia. They classified it as Sinus Tachycardia. If you get in this predicament PM me and I will try to give you as much useful info as possible.

I don't have Tach. nor palpitations but I have had an EP study. Not too much fun. After many tests including the EP study, EKG's, cardiac ultrasounds, MRI's and threadmill tests, I lost my medical and my flying job. I was diagnosed with HCM and now have an ICD. Completely symptom free but the EKG and ultrasound say HCM. I really hope you are not going down this path. Good luck.

lumax, I'm very sorry to hear that you have HCM and that you lost your medical. I am glad it was discovered. I understand that HCM causes young athletes to die of sudden heart attack. Anyhow, I have had EKG, stress test, 2D Echo, MRI. No mention of HCM.

Guys, I was completely free of any symptoms, but get a stress test with echo cardiogram every 2 years because I do Triathlon and I'm an old fart. On the last echo the cardiologist saw something that he felt dictated an angiogram. While doing the procedure they found a 90% blockage of the LAD and inserted a stent. Again, I had zero symptoms, even during training. It is possible to regain your medical after a 6 month followup and the procedures necessary will be dictated by the level of medical you seek.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back