Heard that Hawaiian Airlines is going to fly HNL-BWI Nonstop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard a rumor that Hawaiian Airlines is going to fly HNL-BWI Nonstop

Anyone else hear this rumor that they are going to announce this new route soon????
HNL-BWI

Last edited:
I've been hearing that rumor around the airline for at least five years. Our CEO said during a television interview last week that we are looking seriously at an east coast destination. I know BWI is being considered, however with only 10,500 feet of runway, it may not be long enough for nonstops 365 days a year. I think it's more likely we'd start with JFK or IAD. Nothing against BWI - I loved my layovers there when I was flying for AWA. Hopefully we'll end up there eventually though.

HAL

Actually I heard BWI being bantered about when I was at Koapaka Street a couple of weeks ago. Another pilot said that BWI was a hot rumor during his AQP gs last month.

I've been hearing that rumor around the airline for at least five years. Our CEO said during a television interview last week that we are looking seriously at an east coast destination. I know BWI is being considered, however with only 10,500 feet of runway, it may not be long enough for nonstops 365 days a year. I think it's more likely we'd start with JFK or IAD. Nothing against BWI - I loved my layovers there when I was flying for AWA. Hopefully we'll end up there eventually though.

HAL

10,500' isn't enough for even a heavy 330?

I saw one of your 330s in the alley behind me in LA the other night, it looks great in your paint job. How many are online now?

my bad...i thought i had read in the past that you were applying but now that i think of it.... brain dead on my part... so...heard there is suppose to be a class in oct.... any insight?

No problem - there's nothing in my profile that jumps out and says I fly for Hawaiian.

There are rumors of a new bid coming out any day but so far they are just rumors. My guess is that we'll hire again before the end of the year and continue with small groups every 3 or 4 months for the foreseeable future. Based on what? Pure speculation based on rumors and what I've heard first & second-hand from management, CP, crew planning etc.

Latest resources

Back