Headsets in jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psysicx said:
Whats wrong with DC's in a jet? Thats all the mil uses.

David Clarks in a MD-11 would be an over kill, the Telex units will work great for ya. Now maybe in an EMB-145, CL-600, or a B-727, but not a MD-11.

It is just not socially accepted to wear your David Clarks once you get into a wide body. It is just not cool!!! Might as well slip into your flight suit and put on a helmet.

mecfii said:
It is just not socially accepted to wear your David Clarks once you get into a wide body. It is just not cool!!! Might as well slip into your flight suit and put on a helmet.

That's what I figured. Next thing ya know you're cruising for chicks in your uniform.

You can probably take one of those clunky ones out of an old F. You should also bring along a pee bottle and a garbage can just for old times. That will help you to remember your roots.

Lucky ba$tards

mecfii said:
David Clarks in a MD-11 would be an over kill, the Telex units will work great for ya. Now maybe in an EMB-145, CL-600, or a B-727, but not a MD-11.

No, there are not needed in the CL-600 types... the cheapies just won't go to ebay and buy a nice telex....

As I recall mister U, the MD-11 crews a GAC have a ride that's already pimped (with headsets). They gots bunks, lavs, ovens....even coffee urinals!

When you cross the Pacific to Soul....(I know I spelt it rong!) You gots some great chow for crew meals. If you're a jogger, hop on up to the roof of the H-inn in S. Korea for the shortests track you have ever seen in your life (no joke, if you put 6 chairs on the inside, you got yourself the set-up for some serious musical chair competition).

Call me for some info....I still gots my MD junk (quick ref/FMS/limits/etc)

Congrats, man.

BTW - you know it was my LOR that got you hired! That amounts to a six-pack of my choice. You have my number........call it.

Last edited:
Six pack? We'll hook up and I'll get us both get sauced!

BTW, I meant that in a totally heterosexual way.

Latest resources

Back