Headsets for the CRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The CRJ is loud

If you don't think it is you must be wearing lightweights and have lost your hearing. Just kidding. I have flown w/ guys that have the speaker up so loud you can actually feel the sound in your ear. They always put on lightweights. I wear a seven year old pair of flight coms that I got two pair for 200.00 total. But, I am a cheap ba$tard too. I don't miss many calls when I am awake and they are not that uncomfortable. I would just make sure that your top priority is making sure you can still pass that last, first class medical at 59 1/2 and still hear your wife bit ching. Good luck w/ crj.

Does anyone on this thread know if CRJs or ERJs have panel power for ANR? Or does everyone just keep using their battery packs?

Thanks

Another vote here for the Telex 750, although I do have to turn the volume up fairly high.

I also tried the Sennheisers...they're top notch if you want to spend the big bucks.

I am currently using those Telex 850's... Switched from the Telex 750's.

BIG difference, the volume knob's on the radio decreased by a good 20-25% and I have to use the low volume setting on headset.

I was skeptical at first, but after I picked them up on e-bay for $225.00 I am VERY happy. Even at a/s above 310 they really make a difference.

The design is a little strange, a different mic and larger ear pads. As for the whole hot mic thing.... no battery packs, no "shell shock" after 7 hours of flying is worth the price of the hot mic

The RJ is loud

Hey guys,

At cruise airspeeds the CRJ is pretty loud, to the point that it will damage the ear over time.

The guys who say it is nothing are either so use to a turboprop or are already going deaf.

The thing about your ears is that noise at that level (70/90 decibles approx) that is constant will damage the ear hair folicals slowly over time. This process is so gradual you will never notice till it is too late.

As a side note, I make my PA's when the aircraft is slower than 290 in the climb, because I have noticed that as a passenger I cannot hear the PA when the wind noise is high.

I wear earplugs with my Telex and hate it but I want to hear when i am older. I also wear plugs as a passenger commuting. I would wear David clarks but they hurt the head over time and the company provided ones are nasty and broken,not to mention they dont have a wind screen on the mike which makes the audio very harsh to listen to.

Medeco

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back