Headsets for the CRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

The Brasilia is no more. Luckily I have kept my hearing for the past 3 years from my Bose headsets. It's time to shift to a smaller headset for the CRJ. What do you recommend?

I have seen some great deals on Ebay. How's the Telix 750?

Thanks

The CRJ is fairly quiet at low cruise speeds but upwards of 310 indicated it gets pretty noisy. If your serious about keeping your hearing stick with your bose.

The CRJ has a lot of wind noise, especially at altitude. I wear earplugs with my sony headset. I agree that the lightweight bose with the ear cups are the way to go.

Telex 750s are perfect. 90% of our guys have them. As far as wind noise goes,. I dont get it. I havent heard anything yet that deserves any kind of other type.

Panther headsets. I've got a pair and they are awsome. Molded ear pieces and 40 something decibles of noise reductions.

Plus no more headset head.

PM me if you want more details.

The CRJ is noisey, wind, wind , wind. When I start flying one, I will get a pair of Bose headsets. I have Telex 750's now and they suck. They are "OK" for the DoJet, but I would not buy them again...........................

I don't know what you all are talking about. I have flown both the Do Jet and the CRJ and I use the Telex 5x5 with a custom ear mold. The Do Jet was a little loud with the gear hanging down, and the CRJ has some wind noise down low a and above 310kts. This is all very acceptable. I say less to carry no indent on my bald head from a head clamp. Go with the 5x5.

>>I don't know what you all are talking about<<

As I said, I agree. Most guys take them off passing through 18 anyway. No noticeable noise at all.

Why are some regional/commuter guys stuck on still wearing the david clark / Bose style headclamps after upgrading to a quiter aircraft? I know it's hard to get people to change from something that they have grown accustomed to, but come on. I can remember having to take my headclamps off quite often to give my head a break and readjust. I totally understand wearing them if you fly the brasilia or saab, but why wear something like that on the regional jet that's so much quieter? Just get the telex with the custom earmold. Seems like pilots who fly for the majors are the only ones who exclusively use the custom earmolds nearly 100%. We all did on the 727 and I know for a fact that the decibel level was alot higher in the 727 than in the regionaljets and we had no problems. The custom earmold and telex is the only way to go.

I knew a brasilia captain back in the early 90's who I guess wanted to feel like he flew for the majors or whatever, but he used the telex with the earmold (with no earplugs to block the aircraft noise). I bet he has permanent tinnitus by now.

Last edited:
>>Why are some regional/commuter guys stuck on still wearing the david clark / Bose style headclamps after upgrading to a quiter aircraft?<<

Because they are.. 'TOO CHEAP'!

"I refuse to buy a set when the company provides them for us"

Its mostly senior captains who do this for some reason, (habit from the old days maybe?) and they gripe and complain about why half of the provided ones dont work well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back