• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Headsets and the Turboprop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone gone from flying years with David Clarks and then moved on to a single sided headset like the Telex Pro III or the Mach 1?

I'm just curious if having the audio in one ear would drive me nuts at first.

I have heard that anr does help with fatigue but does not save your hearing. can anyone give alink with any research ont he subject?

How about a Telex 750 on ebay for $80 and some free ear plugs form the crewroom and you're good to go. Worked for me back when I was prop trash.

suupah said:
I have heard that anr does help with fatigue but does not save your hearing. can anyone give alink with any research ont he subject?

Every article on the subject I've ever read confirms that ANR does protect your hearing. Where did you hear the opposite?

viper548 said:
I've been getting about 100 hours out of the batteries in the Bose flying in the CRJ

Mine work a litttle harder in the "Bro". About 75 hours for me on a pair of AA's. Are you remembering to turn yours on :) The Bose are really nice but I swapped headsets one leg with a guy using some DC's with the Headsets Inc. mod that's about $170. They really did a good job of reducing the noise. I find no real difference in comfort for me and I'd convert my old 13.4's before I shelled out $1000.00 for the Bose. I was given a "spare" set of the Bose X to use so I won't complain.

calstar said:
Has anyone gone from flying years with David Clarks and then moved on to a single sided headset like the Telex Pro III or the Mach 1?

I'm just curious if having the audio in one ear would drive me nuts at first.

The single ear piece does take time getting use to, but I would not recommend a single ear piece for a T'prop.
I just switched back to a dual headset (Telex Airman) and that is taking some time to get use to also but I have problems understanding the Japaneese controlers,sometimes

Get the BoseX for a turbo prop. I just got my Mach 1 headset and it really kicks a$$. The ear plugs block all the wind noise in the ERJ, and its way more comfortable than clamps.

Knob said:
Get the BoseX for a turbo prop. I just got my Mach 1 headset and it really kicks a$$. The ear plugs block all the wind noise in the ERJ, and its way more comfortable than clamps.

Is the mike really sensative and pick up a lot of wind noise like the telex or is it better?

Latest resources

Back