Headsets and the Turboprop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

calstar

I've been on the ATR for 5 years now and have always used my David Clarks that I've had for about 10 years. I'm gonna ask Santa for a new headset this year. I'm thinking of going with the Telex 5x5 pro III, the 850 anr, or maybe the lightspeed mach 1.

I'm just burned out on the skull crushers.

Any recommendations from any fellow proptrashers?

Bose Aviation Headset X

Best Thousand clams you'll spend saving your hearing in the long run and preventing skull crushing. (weighs only 12 oz)

RampTower said:
Bose Aviation Headset X

Best Thousand clams you'll spend saving your hearing in the long run and preventing skull crushing. (weighs only 12 oz)
I'll second that.
Bose has free financing for a year.

viper548 said:
I'll second that.
Bose has free financing for a year.

I just got that offer in the mail from Bose today. 12 payments interest free. That is a butt load of money but I'm sure they rock.

I'm gonna have to leave that ad and the order form in the sh*tter so my wife... I mean Santa can see it.

I can't speak for the ATR, but I like my Telex 750 in the Dash. It does have a couple of spots that get a little tired of wearing a headset, but much better than headclamps.

Does anybody have those new lightspeed mach 1? I'm thinking about turning in the david clarks for something lighter and those mach 1's looks pretty darn good. Anybody?

The ATR and my Sennheisers (HMEC-25) are totally in agreement--quiet and light. They're even not too bad if the batteries run out or I forget to turn them on. It's SUPER quiet when we're in stealth mode, and only 6 oz.

The only problem I've had with the ATR and them is that one a few airplanes in our fleet I only get sound in one ear (and even then it is dependant upon the position, it works fine in the jumpseat plugs), but apparently plugging the headset in through a Muse makes it all better. Plus, there are definite benefits to plugging the headset in through a Muse... Might not be a problem with the mono Sennheiser.

Dan

It used to be that you couldn't get one headset with all the amenities that you wanted. The Bose X is that product - yes, a bit spending, but well worth it. And someone finally figured out how to power an ANR headset without lugging a 24V car battery around, or by switching batteries as frequently as every other leg.

X10 on the Bose... Highly recommend, and they have great customer service if you have a problem. Light, comfortable, and the batteries last for ever. Plus you can write it off too.

Latest resources

Back