Headset adapters for...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hugh Jorgan

I've got a Sennheiser noise cancelling headset and would like to use it on deadheads in my passenger seat for movies, music, etc. Also, it would be nice for to be able to plug into an IPOD or my laptop, etc. Does anyone know of a good place to look for adapters that might help me plug in with my cockpit headset? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hugh Jorgan said:
Does anyone know of a good place to look for adapters that might help me plug in with my cockpit headset? Thanks.
Try Radio Shack. The headphone plug (as opposed to the mic plug) is just the standard audio size. You'd just need the adapter to plug them into a small compact stereo, like a Walkman or an MP3 player.

-Goose

Last edited:
Goose Egg said:
Uh, Radio Shack?
Doubtful. I've never found any adapters that were remotely unusual at the Shack. Although, I suppose it's worth a look, just for the deer-in-headlights look from the salesperson.

The headphone plug is a standard 1/4" plug...just get the adapter from 1/4" to 1/8" from radio shack or even walmart, and you'll be golden.......

Yeah, Hugh. I just got done with my first trip with my new set of Sennheiser 25's. First, they rock. Soooo quiet. My ears weren't ringing all night for the first time in years. Second, I positioned home from IND and used the Sennheisers with a standard 1/4" to 3.5mm stereo adapter plug from an audio store, $3.99. Worked like a charm with my iPod. Usually, on the airplane, I had to have it cranked nearly all the way up to hear it. With the ANR working, I only had it 1/2 to 2/3 the way up. Very nice.

Latest resources

Back