**HEADLINE SKYWEST to fly USAir RJs***

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KFFA

The talk in Salt Lake City besides who won the gold today is that SkyWest is talking with USAir mang. about us flying CRJs in USA colors. The deal that we are hearing is that 50% of the crews will come from USAir pilots that are on furlough. The other 50% will be growth for SkyWest. Next thur. our chief pilot is coming to SLC for a meeting about this. I will keep you posted. Don't know any number of RJs or bases or destinations??? Seems like SkyWest is planning a backup plan if United doesn't make it. Who knows whats going on?

Dought it is a backup plan for the bug U as they will be around longer that US. Seems almost like a risk to go with US but maybe Skywest knows something no one else does? Great news for you guys out there. Me thinks Mesa's new Freedom Air could be involved to. Time will tell.

What an interesting rumor. This sort of fits with another rumor I heard that Skywest management wants ALPA on the property, if this deal happens, so that ALPA is stuck with the problem of seniority integration - where US Air pilots have superior rights to pilots already in the employ of Skywest. How completeely bizzare. Where is Andy Neil, he knows Skywest stuff.

The only part of this that makes sense is that Skywest has the financial moxie to swing the deal and Delta Connection has 104 aircraft on firm order and 396 options that they can not accept due to ALPA's restrictions. Those aircraft have got to go somewhere... if Delta can sell the delivery slots at a profit, they probably would.

Last edited:
I am hardly the expert here, so I could be blowing smoke. But I thought, being as much in the loop as I can as a furloughed Mesa pilot, is that Freedom air is going to be in the America West system with the CRJ 700/900. I don't think Freedom air will have anything to do with USAirways. Which of course will make even more of us Mesa guys pissed off if Airways pilots begin flying for Freedom Air. Because of USAirways, In order for us to fly the 700/900 for America West, we have to create a new company, and now Airways wants us to put their furloughed pilots ahead of us to fly these 700/900s for America West?! Why does ALPA think this is fair?

~~~^~~~,

Andy Neill (2 L's please) has a little more discretion on when to discuss in-house matters and when not to than does KFFA.

Because of USAirways, In order for us to fly the 700/900 for America West, we have to create a new company, and now Airways wants us to put their furloughed pilots ahead of us to fly these 700/900s for America West?! Why does ALPA think this is fair?
Answer: Because ALPA national, despite being the exclusive bargaining agent, is unwilling to provide leadership & restraint to the major MEC's. Without effective national leadership, each major MEC is using ALPA national's exclusive representation for their own individual agendas.

Without rules (or even enforcement of the rules that do exist) ALPA is simply allowing the mainline MEC's to engage in predatory bargaining at the expense of minority members.

Andy - look forward to your input when you feel it is appropriate.

Andy...and I thought I was the only one who didn't like airing out company laundry. Drop us dibs on stuff that actually comes to fruition Andy.

Here's the latest rumor I over heard from an ASA FO. Honest folks, I was standing at the gate and this young gentleman was telling the gate agents that SkyWest was going to be purchased by United, and all of the Delta stuff will only be flown by Comair and ASA. I think he's got it all figured out, so with that in mind..... what's the name of that truck driving school again Mav? Take Care All!

rumors

If I hear one more thing about how wonderful it is to be at skywest or what market they will be taking over this week I am going to barf!

Latest resources

Back