Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

H.Agenda

Title: Pilot
Company: Alpine AirProduct/Service: Location: Wolf Point, MTRequired Travel: NoneJob Type: Full-timeEmployment Type: Permanent
Description: Single pilot operations on cargo airline.
Requirements: Must have 1500 total time, with 300 multi-engine turbine time and prefered previous Part 135 exp.
Company Benefits: After 90 days, medical paid by company, dental available, 8 paid holidays a year, vacation after 12 months, cafeteria plan
Contact Information: Linda Anderson[email protected]Phone: 801-373-1508Fax: 801-377-3781Alpine Air1177 Alpine Air Way Provo UT84601US

Our cafeteria plan saved me about $8000 of income to claim on taxes this year. That would buy a lot of Jello. Even in Provo. Still wouldn't want that kind of job, but a guys gotta break in somehow.

CC

Do you guys understand that "cafeteria plan" refers to health insurance? Now this job may not be desireable to some (I really have no idea) but at least they provide insurance. Not sure about the vacation after one year though.

Take Care,

Art V.

Do you guys understand that "cafeteria plan" refers to health insurance? Now this job may not be desireable to some (I really have no idea) but at least they provide insurance. Not sure about the vacation after one year though.

Take Care,

Art V.

I thought a cafeteria plan was a way for you to defer up to $2000 of your income into a tax free account in which to pay un-reimbursed medical expenses. For example, new breasts for your spouse! ;)

The only cap on a Sect 125 plan is the one set by the employer. You can put as much into it as you wish, if there's not a cap.

I had a guy use his 125 plan to help buy a hot tub, he had his Dr say it was for his back. No S.

I thought a cafeteria plan was a way for you to defer up to $2000 of your income into a tax free account in which to pay un-reimbursed medical expenses. For example, new breasts for your spouse! ;)

I believe that is a Flexible Spending Acct, or similar to a Health Savings Account, not a cafeteria plan. A cafeteria plan is health insurance which you get the coverage you want, but don't have to pay for coverage you don't need. For example, if you got snipped 15 years ago, why pay for maternity benefits?

Latest resources

Back