• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

he got a J O B

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW - I'm just glad to see there are other wives that read this board to help further their husband's career. My name on here is also Pilot's Wife, just spelled a little different than the original poster on this thread. This is my first time reading any of "pilotswife" comments since I usually read different categories than this one.

I would have to agree with CG that the tone of your comments does not reflect what most pilot husbands would probably appreciate. This is a difficult business for anyone to be in, much less someone with the responsibility of a family to support. Pilots are a different breed also - if you keep them on the ground too long they get "grumpy":) . My purpose of subscribing to this board is to gain as much information as I can to help my husband make good career decisions. I can't tell you how many times I have updated him on things I have read here on this board that he didn't know about, simply because he is on the road so much flying - he just doesn't have enough time. I also look at this board as an extension of us a "unit". I would never want to say something on here that would discredit him. I encourage you to use this board in a way to encourage him in his career, it will only benefit your marriage, which benefits you both in the long run.

pilotyip said:
As I have preached to all my students years ending in 7 are great hiring years 67, 77, 87, 97, and years ending in 3 are bad years 73, 83, 93, 03, the trend will continue, any bets. In fact you can go back and look at what was going on in 75, 85, 95, and the results are similar. Do not give up a senority number after a year ending in 9
Hey YIP, you could've saved me a big headache and posted this back in 2000 when I gave up a '97 DOH for a '00 DOH ....

FlyingSig said:
Hey YIP, you could've saved me a big headache and posted this back in 2000 when I gave up a '97 DOH for a '00 DOH ....
Too bad those figures don't factor in DARPA and acceptance of autonomous technology.

Latest resources

Back