Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotswife

Hi,
Just to give you all an update - he finally got a job and will be doing IOE shortly!
I guess it happens eventually- now he is telling me if he can't break 50k in five years he'll give it up...
I am sure I will be flying my *ss off to pay the bills- it is kind of funny that I make over double his salary and I am only responsible for blowing the slides and making coffee!

Oh well- hope you are all doing well. We just take it one day at a time-

pilotswife

GOD BLESS our troops!

Tell him to get out now while he can..

You have come onto this board to whine, complain, b!tch, moan, etc, over and over again and I can tell you that it is getting old.. You don't like it? move on my dear...

He knew what he was getting himself into from the start..

You will get no pity from this board.

now he is telling me if he can't break 50k in five years he'll give it up...
He decided to be a pilot for the money, very nice $$$ - If he does well enough to impress his IOE captain then he should get a BIG raise right off the bat...

3 5 0

350DRIVER said:
You will get no pity from this board.

3 5 0

350, are we in a bad mood, or are you just a jerk?

She didn't ask for pity, she gave a report about her husband getting a job and made a remark about pilot wages.

I'll bet you're just a real fun guy to be around, not.

Calvin :rolleyes:

Pilots wife, you have my pity, if only to prove 350 wrong. Seriously, I hope your hubby appreciates your support.

Congratulations

It's great that your husband achieved his goal. Few people realize how difficult it is to achieve a goal in aviation, and how so many goals are set but not achieved. Moreover, few people realize how elusive it is to obtain an airline interview. So many career promoters, such as Kit Darby, make obtaining airline interviews as easy as obtaining a Safeway interview.

Did the logbook reworking help? I ask the question sincerely.

Finally, depending on his company's scale, it could take a few years for your husband to get up to $50K. His first-year FO pay will be something like $12K-$18K. He might get $25K his second year. Unless there's a real breakthrough in hiring, it really could take years before he becomes senior enough to make $50K and/or upgrades.

Good luck with his training.

Last edited:
I am only responsible for blowing the slides and making coffee!
Wow ... I need someone to do those things at my office. (Chinese voice) "How much you pay ... I pay you MORE, you blow my slide ... bling me coffee!"

And yes ... do a search and you'll understand where 350 is coming from. She'll be leaving her husband's sorry @ss within 18 months when she sees how little $$$ he's bringing home each month in light of how hard he's working and how much he's gone. That, or he'll get tired of her bitching and blow her away one night. "Honest officer ... I thought the safety was on."
Minh

Congrats!

He will be in a perfect position when the hiring boom starts again in June of 2007. He will have addtional options in the future, it takes a flying job to get a flying job.

Congrats!

I too am wondering about the logbook rewrite.

pilotyip said:
He will be in a perfect position when the hiring boom starts again in June of 2007. He will have addtional options in the future, it takes a flying job to get a flying job.
What are smoking that gives insight about the next hiring boom? I know the air is bad over on that side of state. Maybe that is fogging your brain.

PHP:
And yes ... do a search and you'll understand where 350 is coming from. She'll be leaving her husband's sorry @ss within 18 months when she sees how little $$$ he's bringing home each month in light of how hard he's working and how much he's gone. That, or he'll get tired of her bitching and blow her away one night. "Honest officer ... I thought the safety was on."
PHP:

ROLF LMAO
hahahahahhaha........................

Latest resources

Back