Hawker to Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
capt601 said:
This still does not mean anything. Any manufactur or campany can give whatever numbers they want - look at the numbers all of the manufacturers give for departing ASE. You know they work the numbers for the one case out of a 1,000,000 that they can actually do what they promise (which of course never happens in the real world, but the owner sees it and the ego driven pilot is too stupid to say it really can't!)
So the numbers that aviation partners put out may work for the trip with no problems, but are they publishing the numbers that take into account the fuel needed to return or go at your ETP's. Most likely they are not! With their numbers you may land at PHOG with 2050 LBS, but if you have a depress at your ETP are you really going to have the fuel to make it or are you floating shark bait?

That is what your flight planning is for, and if you have a wet foot print because you lost presurization then you cant go.... 90% of the time you can do it. In the Last 8 year the company I work for has been doing Hawaii in an 800XP without winglets, we have only had to change to a larger airplane twice. You always do all three ETP calculations be for you leave, I thought that was a given.

i agree with you completely on that is what your flight planning is for, but I disagree with you in that if you have a wet footprint you can't go. (I guess if you didn't make it, you wouldn;t be around to talk to the feds as they take your certificates for careless and reckless operation of an aircraft) I think you would be crazy to go with a wet footprint, but I think we all have flown for some idiot who would do it no matter what, as long as they had some (?) fuel at landing. I think someone mentioned a Lear 35 doing it, that takes a real idiot!

Just curious, what is the range of the 800XP versus a 700? Is it any faster?

thanks and good conversation!

Stryker said:
That is what your flight planning is for, and if you have a wet foot print because you lost presurization then you cant go.... 90% of the time you can do it. In the Last 8 year the company I work for has been doing Hawaii in an 800XP without winglets, we have only had to change to a larger airplane twice. You always do all three ETP calculations be for you leave, I thought that was a given.

capt601 said:
This still does not mean anything. Any manufactur or campany can give whatever numbers they want - look at the numbers all of the manufacturers give for departing ASE. You know they work the numbers for the one case out of a 1,000,000 that they can actually do what they promise (which of course never happens in the real world, but the owner sees it and the ego driven pilot is too stupid to say it really can't!)
So the numbers that aviation partners put out may work for the trip with no problems, but are they publishing the numbers that take into account the fuel needed to return or go at your ETP's. Most likely they are not! With their numbers you may land at PHOG with 2050 LBS, but if you have a depress at your ETP are you really going to have the fuel to make it or are you floating shark bait?

As far as your comment about the numbers. I have talked to operators that have no ties to aviation partners that have the winglets, and every single operator tells me that the numbers they are getting are better then what aviation partners advertise.

Lead Sled said:
Sorry Ace, I was just going off of the time you have listed on your profile.

'Sled

C'mon, my friend, you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. Although I DO look like Cary Grant :)

Back on subject, I think you and I are saying the same thing. If you have a wet footprint, don't go. The only thing I add is that it doesn't matter how much 'comfort' fuel you want to add, just go by the numbers of your particular plane and the legal reserve / driftdown data.

Ace

Cary Grant?! Now that changes things a bit ;)

Ace-of-the-Base said:
C'mon, my friend, you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. Although I DO look like Cary Grant :)

Ace

Cary Grant????? Wasn't he Brintey Spears great-grandfather or something ;):D

Latest resources

Back