Hawker 900xp

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hawker

That is great price for a three year old CL 300. Talked to a G 150 driver three days ago at an FBO, said the aircraft was really under powered, that was his opinion. Full gross, initial climb to FL 340 kind of stuff. Having not flown the aircraft, cannot confirm or deny.

X man said:
Talked to a G 150 driver three days ago at an FBO, said the aircraft was really under powered, that was his opinion. Full gross, initial climb to FL 340 kind of stuff. Having not flown the aircraft, cannot confirm or deny.

I have heard it doesn't like ISA + temps very much...but more than one has told me its a solid initial FL380-390 airframe following a MGW takeoff. Even if you're relegated to the mid-30s initially in the G150, you'll still be going faster and burning less fuel than the Hawker at FL410.

It would be interesting to see the G150's climb performance if it had the additional thrust and flat-rating of the 900XP's -50R engine, though...

buying new gives you accelerated depreciation and you write off more then half the cost of the plane in 3 years.
Even better-it's 50% in the first year alone according to the MACRs in the article versus 20% in the year one under normal circumstances. This may drive new costs down significantly.

Brand New 900XP's can be had for 10 to 11 million depending on options. There are some green ones sitting in Wichita and Little Rock. The 900XP is an excellent plane. They got it right with the dash 50 engines. Straight to 410 99% of the time even hot/high and mid latitudes. If they could ever figure out that baggage issue, this would be the perfect mid size. The G200 and CL300 are super mids and shouldn't be confused with the mid sized Hawker 900XP. You will enjoy flying the 900XP.

Thanks hawkerjet. Hopefully the group will make a decision shortly.

As far as buying new, yes - the accelerated depreciation definitely factors in. I know there are other factors as well. Everyone in the flight department has given their 2 cents worth... (we all have begged them to reconsider the buy "new" requirement), but when it comes down to it, I think its going to be a hard plane to beat for the price. I'm looking forward to it, although I don't know if I'll be flying it much.

Does anyone go to Europe in it very often? Do you tech stop in Gander or Shannon? Has anyone been into London City (I can't seem to find the LCY certification). I think it will be at least a month or two before I get to tag along and ask questions to the reps, but having some real-world knowledge (yes, I know this is FI!) will be beneficial.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

One more quick question: Politics and ridiculousness aside... has anyone had to pay for their carbon emissions scheme tax in the EU with the Hawker? Does it fall under the general HS-125 type or do they consider it a "more carbon friendly" airplane due to the 50R engines?

It pains me to even write that...

Have you considered a Citation Sovereign? I don't know how much Cessna is dealing, but I have some buddies that fly the jet and they love it. Good cabin, great range, a huge baggage compartment and outstanding runway performance. There are used ones on Controller for less than $15M.

900xp

The Sovereign is pretty good all arounder, good climb and takeoff performance, great baggage hold, goes high, good range. Flew one in the ME, with no maintenance headaches, flew 400 hours in ten months. I hear that they are fairly cheap these days.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back