Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawker 800A Fuel Questions (LJ60 hourly burns as well)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LRvsH25B

Is there any way to dump fuel in the Hawker?

Is there anyway to "push" fuel instead of suck it?

Is there anyway to start filling the Ventral tank from the wing fuel when you are taxing in for a quick turn for example? ie XFER it into the Ventral from the wings?

Also, any suggestings for a climb schedule would be appreciated. I like to climb fast (laterally), so not looking for a great rate of climb, just something that will keep me climbing and accelerating.

Finally, if anyone has LJ60 hourly burns (LRC and HSC) I'd love those as well. Thanks

LRvsH25B said:

Is there anyway to start filling the Ventral tank from the wing fuel when you are taxing in for a quick turn for example? ie XFER it into the Ventral from the wings?

Also, any suggestings for a climb schedule would be appreciated. I like to climb fast (laterally), so not looking for a great rate of climb, just something that will keep me climbing and accelerating.

Finally, if anyone has LJ60 hourly burns (LRC and HSC) I'd love those as well. Thanks

alright ill give it a go but im still new to the hawker

cant dump

hawkers suck

and can only transfer from the arse to the wings

hope that helps

LRvsH25B said:
To a degree, yes, but it depends on where you have fuel. They won't teach you the process at school, but it can be done easily.

LRvsH25B said:
Yes, but once again, it's not a technique you'll learn at school, but you can do it under any circumstance in any configuration.

LRvsH25B said:
There is, but I'm not too sure about how to do it. I heard an instructor at FSI talking about in class a few years ago, but I don't remember the procedure.

LRvsH25B said:
280/.68 will keep you clicking right along. Some will suggest 250/.68, but 280 will keep a lot more air flowing across the wings and it'll give you the same ROC or better than 250, provided you are climbing with MCT set.

LRvsH25B said:
Can't help you there.

Last edited:
Hawker 800A Questions

There is no way to dump fuel in the 800A.

Pushing fuel? You can "push" fuel during fuel xfeed. Move the TRANSFER lever to XFEED and turn OFF the boost pump from the lighter side. That way the airplane will burn only out of the heavy tank. In a sense, you're "pushing" fuel. I'm assuming you already know this procedure however....I've heard this described as "pushing" fuel.

To transfer from the wings to the VENTRAL you must have the AUX FUEL TRANSER lever open, then open the VENTRAL REFUEL valve using the switch on the fuel panel, and make sure the boost pumps are on. This should, although slowly, move fuel from the wing to the ventral. I've never really seen a need to do this since it really doesn't take that long to put fuel in the ventral to begin with. Remember your VENTRAL TANK limitations when doing this....I'd hate to see the tail fall on the ground.:eek:

HawkerF/O climb schedule is fine. We use 250/.65M.

LRvsH25B said:

I had to call a friend since it's been awhile for me, but,:

2000# first hour
1800# second
1700# third

LRC/HSC No joy

lazyace75 said:
There is no way to dump fuel in the 800A.
You take off with the Wings and Ventral full and it's hot outside. An engine rolls back on you and dumping fuel to get lighter would be great if you could possibly do it. Well, you can. If you bring the Ventral fuel forward at this point in this configuration (topped off), guess where that fuel if going to go? Yep, right out the wings. Let your insurance company pay for the clean up, at least you're alive.

lazyace75 said:
Pushing fuel? You can "push" fuel during fuel xfeed. Move the TRANSFER lever to XFEED and turn OFF the boost pump from the lighter side. That way the airplane will burn only out of the heavy tank. In a sense, you're "pushing" fuel. I'm assuming you already know this procedure however....I've heard this described as "pushing" fuel.

TO push fuel instead of sucking it is simple. Turn on the power to the fuel valves, then open the LH and RH valves. Fuel is ready to be pushed. To do it (On the ground) at this point, all you have to do is turn on the fuel pump on the side you want to take fuel out of, and it'll get shoved over to the other wing very quickly, so be sure you watch it if you need to do it this way. In the air, the steps are the same, except you turn off the fuel pump on the side you want to put more fuel into. For those that don't fly Hawkers, turning off a fuel pump in flight is a normal event (SOP) and used in day to day ops to balance fuel, etc, so please don't write me back saying how foolish it is to turn off a fuel pump in flight. It's DC powered and the engine driven pumps do a great job on thier own.

lazyace75 said:
To transfer from the wings to the VENTRAL you must have the AUX FUEL TRANSER lever open, then open the VENTRAL REFUEL valve using the switch on the fuel panel, and make sure the boost pumps are on. This should, although slowly, move fuel from the wing to the ventral. I've never really seen a need to do this since it really doesn't take that long to put fuel in the ventral to begin with. Remember your VENTRAL TANK limitations when doing this....I'd hate to see the tail fall on the ground.:eek:
Never done this, but reviewing the systems in my head, that makes sense and should work. Lazyace is correct though, the single point will do it much quicker and that airplane will fall on its tail if the proper procedures are not followed. Some guys will fuel the airplane by filling the Ventral and wings at the same time. They are asking for trouble. If the wings malfunction and shut off for some reason while the ventral continues to fill, that plane is coming back onto its tail, guarenteed.

lazyace75 said:
HawkerF/O climb schedule is fine. We use 250/.65M.
Roger that!

LJ60 Burn

Typically we figure 1800# the first hour and 1400-1500 the second hour I have seen as low as 1100# per-hour at Fl430 cruising .78.

On high speed climb out we usually do 300 IAS then transition to .78 in the climb this still gives us 1500 FPM in the upper 30's.I have also seen .80 in the climb at 1500 VSI in the mid 30's

If we really want to get high fast we'll target 280 Knots and transition to .70 this usually gives us 4-5000 low FPM thru the 20's and 2-3000 FPM thru the high 30's

Hawker dumping

Yes, you can dump fuel in the hawker, its not in the book, its just system knowledge. witha full ventral tank and wings, open the fuel transfer valve, bank about 5-10 degrees either side to fill up the wing surge tank, fuel will vent out that side and exhuast the ventral tank in about 15-20 min . I would recommend and altitude of at least 7000 ft in order for the fuel to properly evaporate.

learnut said:
I had to call a friend since it's been awhile for me, but,:

2000# first hour
1800# second
1700# third

LRC/HSC No joy

Those are VERY conservative. Even the numbers I use are as well.

1700 first
1400 second
1300 for every one else after that.

It works. and usually you make some fuel too.

Stealthh21 said:
Those are VERY conservative. Even the numbers I use are as well.

1700 first
1400 second
1300 for every one else after that.

It works. and usually you make some fuel too.

Those numbers are right on for .78 HSC. A touch more if you took off above 22k or so.

Latest resources

Back