• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawker 800

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go with the XP if you can, 800/XP don't do anything great, but they do everything really good. Built like a brick. It is easy to go from the G4 to the 800 and back. Both are honest airplanes and the honeywell is simple. I always found travel time east to west about the same, nonstop at lrc or fast and a fuel stop. The trade off was less hobbs time and @ 400 gallons more fuel burn but plenty of reserves( sfo/mry/ unannounced fog etc..). @ 6 hours hobbs with hi speed, @ 7 hours lrc. Before anybody has a fit and starts throwing fire bombs at me, it has been a few years since I flew the 800 out west but we had crews try both and these are the numbers stuck in my head.

Second year of flying a 1985 Part 91 800A with winglets over a thousand hours. Have yet to make an unscheduled fuel stop including TEB/BLM/MJX/MPV back to SDL always landing with at least 1500 lbs regardless of season. SDL-ANC-SDL is routine for us with the same numbers. That being said, speed & baggage limitations may make other aircraft look more attractive.

Second year of flying a 1985 Part 91 800A with winglets over a thousand hours. Have yet to make an unscheduled fuel stop including TEB/BLM/MJX/MPV back to SDL always landing with at least 1500 lbs regardless of season. SDL-ANC-SDL is routine for us with the same numbers. That being said, speed & baggage limitations may make other aircraft look more attractive.

Was the winglet mod worth it? Cost, added performance, downtime?

I have ben flying the 800xp for over a year now and have not once maid NY to the west cost , it is not going to do it with a good fuel reserve. We climb at .70 and cruise at .75 and long range at .63. We have the proline 21 and I love it. We also have a g4 that the guys fly both and are happy with the Hawker coming from the G4. We have made Vanc-to-HPN no stop with about 1800 lbs of fuel. The airplane it a great airplane to fly. Some of the draw backs are the baggage and the range on it. If you can get the collins then get it, the cockpit looks alot cleaner and the system is so easy to use.

I have ben flying the 800xp for over a year now and have not once maid NY to the west cost , it is not going to do it with a good fuel reserve. We climb at .70 and cruise at .75 and long range at .63. We have the proline 21 and I love it. We also have a g4 that the guys fly both and are happy with the Hawker coming from the G4. We have made Vanc-to-HPN no stop with about 1800 lbs of fuel. The airplane it a great airplane to fly. Some of the draw backs are the baggage and the range on it. If you can get the collins then get it, the cockpit looks alot cleaner and the system is so easy to use.
The reason you ar enot making the Left Coast is your profiles are off.
Climb: 280/.68
Cruise: Constant .70M
The PERF DATA should show you that .63 is too slow if you know how to use it to that extent.

Honeywell is total crap and the xp's autopilot is the only one in the world I can actually fly better than. Seats are very uncomfortable especially after about and hour and a half and if the boss doesnt mind strapping bags on his exspensive seats......luggage will usually always find a legal way of getting on board. East to west coast is very unlikely but from New York to Dallas should be no problem even at .78. Overall a very easy airplane to fly, easy type rating and good reliability. Typical no Balls Raytheon product but it is an old mans airplane.

The PERF DATA should show you that .63 is too slow if you know how to use it to that extent.

What is your typical reserve going into VNY or SFO from the east coast?

I am sorry I ment that not in cruise but in climb!!

Latest resources

Back