• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawker 4000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
talking up how? Was it meeting or exceeding specs?

Well they didn't say that...I guess more saying what it would do instead of what it wouldn't.

I didn't know much about the 4000 nee Horizon; I certainly didn't know an airplane that size could go into sub-4000' runways as many of the demo pilots told me they had done (obviously not near MTOW).

The cabin struck me as being very spacious and passenger friendly; larger than the 900XP and Sovereign, but obviously smaller than the F2000. I didn't look at the G200 so I dunno how it compares with the 4000.

I can only imagine with NJA being a G200 operator that they'll get the G250, and if that airplane does what Gulfstream says (how often does G not meet specs?) then NJA probably wouldn't have a need for the 4000.

NJA needs something to compete better with Flexjet's CL300. The Soveriegn and G200 don't really hit the mark IMO. The G200 may have a nice cabin but I have heard the performance numbers aren't as good (TO and landing distances, etc.). From what I hear the Hawker 4000 would be a pretty good match. Anyone heard different?

Seems like if nj pulled the plug on the 4000, that's a lot of planes and a lot of $$$ that could be thrown toward bombardier. I know rts has ill will toward bombardier, but I'm sure he could still get a sweet discount with the volume he would be getting..

NJA needs something to compete better with Flexjet's CL300. The Soveriegn and G200 don't really hit the mark IMO. The G200 may have a nice cabin but I have heard the performance numbers aren't as good (TO and landing distances, etc.). From what I hear the Hawker 4000 would be a pretty good match. Anyone heard different?
Pretty similar performance numbers, but the 300 is 13 inches wider at mid cabin. That's a huge difference, at least for the pax especially on a 6 hour mission.

It has nothing to do with performance. My NJA source says that the first couple were found to have the wrong interiors or setup, and have to redo all of them. April to June timeline.

It has nothing to do with performance. My NJA source says that the first couple were found to have the wrong interiors or setup, and have to redo all of them. April to June timeline.

Rep in LIT told me the same. 3 or 4 in the hangar being done now.

None announced that I've heard of, but will probably be mixed in with another airframes' CP and APCs until the fleet is big enough to spawn its own.

With upgrades at NJA running close to 5 years I can certainly see a bunch of right seaters leaving the comfort of the U-Boat and moving over to something a bit more "roomy".

I predict a bunch of new type ratings to a number of our F/O's in the upcoming years.

Latest resources

Back