• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yada yada....Hyundai -vs- KIA...

You guys need to get Gulfstreams.

Let us pray:

"Few aircraft embody such an iconic level as genuinely as a Gulfstream.

To a pilot, this jet is a symbol of all that a flying machine should be – and more. A mix of complexity and capability that engages the mind, yet never numbs it; a blend of luxury with the assurance that comfort is still second to safety; a combination of form and function that resonate as one.

Throughout the history of aviation both men and machines alike have reached this loftiest dais of distinction. Indeed, their relationship to one another is often so interwoven that they are often synonymous with one another"

another classic! you moonlighting as a copy writer?

Before I went with 1000 I would look at 800XP with winglets.

I have been flying Hawker / Beech products for 20 years, flying King Air's, Starships, Premier, Beechjets and now the Hawker. I have found support to be outstanding on every model.

Don't concentrate to much on the fuel numbers. If you run a XP at XL speeds, the fuel is not that much different. As you push the Hawker though, it does get thirsty.

While the Excel is a excellent aircraft and I have some time in it. IT RIDES HORRIBLE in turbulence. Range is horrible if you need to carry more than 2 or 3. I love the system redundancy on the Hawker. If you can get to a Proline 21 model, there is no comparison in avionics. Baggage is less unless you have a 750 like us.

Both Aircraft are very easy to fly. Cockpit comfort in the Hawker is night and day better.

Ok I admit Im biased here, but I absolutely LOVE flying the Hawker....

Its really comfortable even in pretty good turbulence..decent range (especially with the 800xp with winglets) stand up cabin, sits 8 comfortably and the Pro Line 21 is really nice from an avionics standpoint as opposed to the Primus on the straight XL.

I will say the XL will get into shorter fields then the Hawker, but you land on a 5000 foot strip will plenty to spare in the Hawker.

I can get you a GREAT deal on a 750 if you are interested :)

Latest resources

Back