• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was told by an ALPA rep that the company has said if they decide there will be 5 or more t-props, they'd like to talk about putting them on our seniority list.

I was told by an ALPA rep that the company has said if they decide there will be 5 or more t-props, they'd like to talk about putting them on our seniority list.

wouldn't that make for a nice president? I would be shocked however if that were the case.

HA25, Jim, my apologies, I forgot to include you both in as reliable sources for the question I asked. Appreciate the insight.

Seems Cape Air, other than American Eagle, have a U.S ATR 121 certificate, and to acquire a 121 certificate is a lengthy process, what is a possible next step? I was hearing local hires, yet if hired, would have been placed on the Cape Air seniority list.

If less than five ATRs, would still be a separate subsidiary possibly?

Respectfully,
slatsnfive

Dunkerely has always put 5 as the magic number to support any aircraft wrt to parts inventory, training, etc. Less than 5 will most likely have the flying contracted out to someone else who flies the same type of aircraft.

My ALPA rep said that the company realized making a separate certificate with it's own Dir of Ops, Dir of Maint, CP, etc was very expensive and it would probably be better to bring them on our list if we can agree on terms, pay, etc.

HA25, Jim, my apologies, I forgot to include you both in as reliable sources for the question I asked. Appreciate the insight.

Seems Cape Air, other than American Eagle, have a U.S ATR 121 certificate, and to acquire a 121 certificate is a lengthy process, what is a possible next step? I was hearing local hires, yet if hired, would have been placed on the Cape Air seniority list.

If less than five ATRs, would still be a separate subsidiary possibly?

Respectfully,
slatsnfive

WP??? Hmmmmm

I think WP is the code for some regional airline? No idea which one...maybe Island Air, but that would make no sense since Hawaiian already codeshares with them and is unhappy with their dispatch reliability.

But I'm sure there will be a bunch of regional pilots on the mainland salivating at the idea of flying a T-prop under Hawaiian's name... Unfortunately none of the regional carriers pay enough of a livable wage to afford to live out here.

I hope Hawaiian somehow keeps it in house OR at the very least starts their own certificate. Having a regional airline come here with it's "people skills" may not bode well for the Hawaiian name...

I've been on a few Go! flights and lets just say I was less than impressed with the service, the gate people, the flight and everything all around.

might not be the most popular thing to say, but the most important thing for me is that we provide our customers with service to Lanai and Moloka'i... by giving them seamless service to those islands, this feeds our A330 and 767 operations which is frankly a better business practice than flying 1/2 empty 717's or having infrequent flights which might not line up well with connection times...

win/win

might not be the most popular thing to say, but the most important thing for me is that we provide our customers with service to Lanai and Moloka'i... by giving them seamless service to those islands, this feeds our A330 and 767 operations which is frankly a better business practice than flying 1/2 empty 717's or having infrequent flights which might not line up well with connection times...

win/win

I hope your high up on Hawaiian's seniority list, because a reduction in 717's probably means people on the street. At least until there is more expansion/planes.

WP is indeed Island Air. You must be new to Hawaii!

I hope your high up on Hawaiian's seniority list, because a reduction in 717's probably means people on the street. At least until there is more expansion/planes.

There is NO reduction to 717 flying that goes against the CBA from what I have been able to discern. We are seeing lower inter-island bookings is why we're slightly cutting back 717 flying, but to offset this there is significant A330 vacancy opening up next bid... they are hiring 40 more this window, and 50-60 more in the Summer window... so furloughs (nothing is ever guaranteed in this industry) are unlikely.

Would I rather see the ATR's on our list? yep... is it likely going to be negotiation item that the MEC wants to use up capital on? I doubt it.. there is no industry president for it... it would be VERY expensive to do. The company woud likely have to come to the pilots with the idea, not the other way around.

WP is indeed Island Air. You must be new to Hawaii!

correct... new to the Island, but not the industry... 20+ years in it now... last time I cared about a commuter airline was in the mid/late 90's when I worked for one (ASA)... so I dont' keep up with their airline codes.. sorry.

Latest resources

Back