• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HAL- is it feasable to commute on reserve from maui?

HAL might be out flying a trip so I'll take a stab as a commuter .. So far, I've been able to do it from PDX, so I can't see how OGG would be a problem... I've had two Jumpseaters on the 717 while doing IOE from OGG, one a 330 guy and one a 717 guy.. IF you're on Reserve however, you have a 2-3 hour (prior to departure) callout requirement, and that would be impossible to guarantee... like me, you'd have to have a crash pad for the time you are on reserve... unlike me, you'd commute 30 minutes home, not 5 hours..

As far as OGG goes. Many 767 trips originate or end in OGG. So a lot of Maui folks bid those trips and get paid for the HNL to OGG DH leg but get to skip the commute.

How often and when is the CP at the office? Is he there Monday-Friday office hours? Going to fly out to try and meet. Is this an acceptable gesture? Want to show that I really want to be here but at the same time dont want it to be frowned upon. Thanks

OGG- HNL is very commutable with something like 28 flights a day depending on the day..... If you are on a widebody the commute is probably easier than driving to work on Oahu.

Off HA hiring process/interview subject, my apologies.

Recently was told that Cape Air has retracted as the proposed turboprop subsidary, anyone else come across this, HAL, Dan Roman?

Respectfully,
slatsnfive

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back