• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well see there....

JAL, ATA, PSA, GoJets, Mesa, 4AQ, WP

I heard

Seeing that they will take Mesa and gojets pilots, this is proof that their are no grudges when it comes to a pilots pedigree.

Therefore, cajoling pilots into not accepting a low paying job will not work, and the industry has to do more to bring up the pay for the bottom feeding jobs than worry about who will take that job.

Seeing that they will take Mesa and gojets pilots, this is proof that their are no grudges when it comes to a pilots pedigree.

Therefore, cajoling pilots into not accepting a low paying job will not work, and the industry has to do more to bring up the pay for the bottom feeding jobs than worry about who will take that job.

Unless they are relatives............

Hawaiian has been hiring from various backgrounds with great success. The ex AQ, relatives, Regional, military etc pilots they have hired all have one thing in common. They prevailed in an incredibly competitive process. A lot of energy has gone into hiring from various backgrounds and demographics with an attempt at trying not to leave any demographic out.
They have hired really high quality pilots, unfortunately, they can't possibly hire all the high quality people out there. The ones who sound like sour grapes about who they are hiring are a good example of people they are trying to avoid.

Not sour grapes....

Hawaiian has been hiring from various backgrounds with great success. The ex AQ, relatives, Regional, military etc pilots they have hired all have one thing in common. They prevailed in an incredibly competitive process. A lot of energy has gone into hiring from various backgrounds and demographics with an attempt at trying not to leave any demographic out.
They have hired really high quality pilots, unfortunately, they can't possibly hire all the high quality people out there. The ones who sound like sour grapes about who they are hiring are a good example of people they are trying to avoid.

Dan,
It's not so much sour grapes but to show those who think brow beating junior pilots into avoiding companies that pay low but offer quick upgrades etc will keep the regional pay rates in check are wrong.
Truth is, most of the major pilots involved in the hiring at many of the companies, and especially the HR types know little to nothing about the difference between a Mesa, Gojet, or RAH pilot. All they know to look for is PIC and previous success.
I'm glad Hawaiian looks for different backgrounds, if I were choosing the pilots, I'd do the same.

Latest resources

Back