• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian update?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bid that came out just seems to be re-aligning a few pilot slots. No hiring from it.

According to the training dept, we should begin hiring for the Airbus expansion this fall. At least three aircraft arriving in 2010, and hopefully a fourth too. We may also be losing some pilots to retirement this year, as I've heard several say they've decided not to stay 'till age 65. That, plus several long-term medical problems and we're already running about as thin as possible. Any more, and we'll have to hire.

HAL

I was told by the CP that Airbus training is to start in August with hiring for the training bubble to start prior to that.

Why does 'training bubble' not sound so good?
Were the plans to retire the 767 one for one as the Airbus arrives? Or will a couple be in addition to?

Glad to hear of more hiring, keep up the good work.

Why does 'training bubble' not sound so good?
Were the plans to retire the 767 one for one as the Airbus arrives? Or will a couple be in addition to?

Glad to hear of more hiring, keep up the good work.
Straight from Dunkerley's mouth while on my jump seat - contracts signed for 4 Airbus in 2010-2011 in addition to the original purchase due to arrive starting 2012. Of these 4, 2 are growth and 2 are 767 replacements.

Training bubble hiring is because initially we will need extra pilots for the increase in training. The extra need will last all the way through the transition and will slowly decrease as the the transition ends. What were initially extra pilots will be absorbed by long term attrition.

That is Great!

So a net of 2 growth. With the replacements in 2012.

What do you think about those new hires....will they be airbus trained, to delay current pilots from having to do it untill later, or something else? With the same pay I figure many current guys will stay in the 767 as long as possible/bid will allow.

Any expansion flying by Hawaiian in the near future (DFW, DEN, etc.)?

That is Great!

So a net of 2 growth. With the replacements in 2012.

What do you think about those new hires....will they be airbus trained, to delay current pilots from having to do it untill later, or something else? With the same pay I figure many current guys will stay in the 767 as long as possible/bid will allow.
I think the Airbus will get filled by existing pilots and new hires will be either 767 or 717, probably 717.

Latest resources

Back