Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

got_jumpseat?

NO BLO JETS
Anybody care to comment on Hawaiian's plans to dump their brand new boeings and re-fleet with used birds? It's in their "News Talk Saturday" the rumor is also that Hawaiian may wet lease these aircraft (from who?) while pilots go through training all over again.

Anybody else care to speculate what this would do to Aloha? I sure hope Boeing re-negotiates with HAL. What a mess for everybody in Hawaii if they re-fleet.

Then I also hear Brenneman and Aloha are STILL talking. This time about aquiring HAL if they offer it for sale and merging under new terms. What a mess that would be! Anybody else getting any of this? I cant be the only one. I dont even work in Hawaii and I know about it.

brutal....

you can't just post something like that and leave us hanging! now i gotta sit by the computer all day waiting for you to post what boeing is gonna do!

I know! the nerve. I been waiting in real time since last night and I am all out of coffee now.

I had it detailed out, but decided to hit backspace and limit my remarks to what I posted. Sorry. The info I had was that the amount of money in dispute between Boeing and Hawaiian was about the same as the bonus the CEO paid himself before he took the company into bankruptcy. Needless to say, Boeing isn't exactly pleased.

Last edited:
I heard some rumors last week that Hawaiian was gonna make a big announcement.

I know they're in Chap 11 cuz Boeing wouldn't give concessions, but what do you mean by re-fleet? From where? What airplanes?

merger or buyout?

not sure i see a real point in a merger anymore, not that i have any real insights on this type of stuff. and as for a buyout, wow, i would be really suprised!

i wanna know what this info is that is supposed to be coming out! come on, its getting late over here!

Hawaiian Responds...

Hawaiian Responds...

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030331/lam132_1.html

Hawaiian Airlines Calls Boeing Action an Attempt to Distract the Court
Monday March 31, 11:42 pm ET

HONOLULU, March 31 /PRNewswire/ -- In a statement released this evening, Hawaiian Airlines, Inc., a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings Inc. (Amex: HA; PCX) strongly disputed claims made by Boeing Capital Corp. in a news release issued today. In its statement the company said:

We are disappointed to learn of Boeing's action today. While we have not yet had an opportunity to review the motion, we believe it is a thinly veiled attempt by Boeing to distract the company and the Court during the 60-day statutory period during which the company is afforded the opportunity to renegotiate its leases. As to the May 2002 tender offer, it was both legal and proper, and publicly disclosed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm looks like singlecoil was right about Boeing today!

Latest resources

Back