• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian is hiring!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hopefully with the Airbi arriving they'd like someone with Airbus time, and over water experience!

I would think competitive mins would be around the 8-10,000 hr range with time in the 767. Lots of people like that on the street right now and more on the way. Sad but true.....

I would think competitive mins would be around the 8-10,000 hr range with time in the 767. Lots of people like that on the street right now and more on the way. Sad but true.....

Don't know for sure, but I would guess most of the guys on the sreet are more likely guys with lots of RJ experience, who took a shot at some majors during the 2005-2008 hiring. Other than some TWA guys from 8-9 years ago, I don't know where a lot of guys with 767 time would be on the street from. Again, just guessing, but the guys on furlough from the majors/nationals, would be more likely to be 737/A320 type guys. That or very low time RJ guys on furlough from the regionals.

I could be wrong though, it did happen once before a long time ago :D.

I know that the HR dept. ranks the people they bring in to interview by a number of factors including TT, jet time, and types of aircraft flown. But I also know several people hired recently with maybe 3k or 4k hours. You also pretty much require a personal recommendation from a current HA pilot. A lot depends on your personality too, because since HR took over the hiring you have to go through a gauntlet of psych tests and interviews with HR and FA personnel. The big question is not only if you can fly the plane, but are you the type of person we wouldn't mind spending 12 hours with in the cockpit between HNL and SYD? This is Hawaii after all, and judging by our average HA pilot, you should be a good stick with a relaxed personality; arrogant a-holes needn't apply. :D

HAL

Latest resources

Back