• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian is hiring!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
shiny jet syndrome strikes again..ugbfsm..
user_offline.gif

I think it was laced with heavy dose of sarcasm. I'm pretty sure he flies for DL

I think he has a fondness for Crown Royal!
I'd lean more toward a nice Bundaberg rum, although the rumor around the crew room is that you'd hand out a recommendation for a bottle of Bartles & Jaymes.

HAL

As for mins - I don't have a clue. Of course you'll need ATP mins at least, but to be competitive, probably3k-4k hours, time in jets, and some connection to the islands or someone who works there. Without a recommendation it will be awfuly hard to get a job here.
HAL

IOW, haoles need not apply.

IOW, haoles need not apply.
Not at all. By connection I mean living (or have lived) in the islands, or have family there, or know someone who works for HA. But if you go into the interview process at HA with an 'us vs. them' attitude, you'll never make it past the first round. Locals may have an advantage because they live there and know some HA pilots, but you have to have the experience and good attitude to get there too.

HAL

I am curious, how would you show on an application or resume that you have some connections to the islands? I mean if I lived there for a couple of years as a kid and have an Aunt and Uncle over there, how would I show that before I got to an interview?

Not that I meet any of those criteria, but other than an internal rec or something obvious like a Hawaiian address or a degree from the University of Hawaii on your resume, how would they know when your application hits their desks if you have a connection to the islands?

HAL what is the address of the crew room to ship that Bartles & Jaymes?

I am curious, how would you show on an application or resume that you have some connections to the islands? I mean if I lived there for a couple of years as a kid and have an Aunt and Uncle over there, how would I show that before I got to an interview?

Not that I meet any of those criteria, but other than an internal rec or something obvious like a Hawaiian address or a degree from the University of Hawaii on your resume, how would they know when your application hits their desks if you have a connection to the islands?

HAL what is the address of the crew room to ship that Bartles & Jaymes?
If you don't have that internal letter of recommendation from an HA employee, you should put it into a cover letter with your resume. My guess is that is the only way to make sure the info gets into the system along with your experience.

As for the Bartles & Jaymes for Hansoma, try sending it to our LAS station. His schedule looks like HNL-LAS-HNL-LAS-HNL-LAS-HNL-LAS-HNL (then a couple days home) LAS-HNL-LAS-HNL etc, etc. :D

HAL

Latest resources

Back