• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian goes Airbus, orders 24

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I donna but airbus is kicking @ss lately,racking most of the a/c orders in asia and west/east europe,even with a strong euro which is not in their advantage. they must be doing something good or is it a lack of aggressiveness from Boeing?

No, not a lack of aggressiveness, a surplus of business sense. Boeing won't sell airplanes if they don't make money on them. The Frogs just want to be #1, even at a loss.

A Frenchman would rather look good and lose than look bad and win.

PIPE

BTW, most Boeing 737's accidents were caused by that fantastic rudder system.
Correctamondo dude!

At least it (a Boeing) hasn't been brought down by the one think that makes the airplane what it is, unlike Airbus. Boeing is still a pilot's aircraft, giving the crew full authority. Out-of-the-loop automation is for the birds. (or Frogs!)

Both, They will be flying a mixed fleet for quite awhile. This is also a long term new aircraft order. Additional used 330's will be coming on line starting in 2009 for growth. They are planning expansion to Asia and Europe.
That's great news. Congrats again on the new aircraft.

I always wanted to fly for Hawaiian. I went to see them in 1991 when they still flew the DC9, DC8, Dash 8 and L1011. Well, we all know what happened. But I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the Airbus order as 1) I think Boeing helped Hawaiian in their time of need. 2) the 767 is still being built, along with 777 and 3) Hawaiian has always had AMERICAN airplanes! Ok so the Short's and the Dash 7 but primarily US aircraft. Nothing really against Airbus, OK I think their planes are crap. The Hibiscus and the beautiful Hawaiian girl on a french airplane? Just does not seem right to me. Ok enough rant. Good luck to the Hawaiian guys and gals.

I personally would have loved to see a big Boeing order. But it came down to economics with our CEO and Owners.

I think in the case of the 777 (which Boeing was shopping to us) was costs and capacity. Boeings product line couldn't offer anything Hawaiian thought they could make $$$ with. Then you had the wait for the 787 behind 700+ orders.
I know our CEO told our unions that this deal with Airbus was TOO GOOD to pass up.

Anyways, it's good news for guys like me and HAL trying to upgrade and guys that are interested in working for Hawaiian.

You guys are all missing one important thing. Mesa helped pay for them!!!!! HAHAHAHA. I'm looking forward to an order from Aloha after they stick it to Mesa too :)

Congrats on the new airplanes! Are these additional aircraft or replacements for the 767's?
These will replace 18 767's and looks like adding 6 more WB aircraft. I have to crackup with this thread regarding Boeing and Airbus. Whatever your company gets, and you get to fly it is the coolest a/c. Boeing/Airbus who cares just give me a paycheck till retirement!!

Correctamondo dude!

At least it (a Boeing) hasn't been brought down by the one think that makes the airplane what it is, unlike Airbus. Boeing is still a pilot's aircraft, giving the crew full authority. Out-of-the-loop automation is for the birds. (or Frogs!)

Mr. Russian, almost all of the Airbus accidents were caused by pilots not the aircraft. Pilot error has unfortunately caused most Airbus accidents. It is almost comical how pilots still refer to the Airbus as a non-pilots aircraft. The only pilots that think that way are the ones that do no understand how to fly one. Perhaps, Boeings are just easier to fly because they were designed to be just that. Call it what you will, but Airbus puts out an excellent product that is more comfortable to fly and travel on than most Boeings.

Last edited:
"Has ANYONE ever really FLOWN an Airbus?"
WTFG!!!
LOL. I don't think the HAL guys give a rats ass what it is they are flying. Just stoked that their CEO has some vision and is proactive about the situation they are in.
Waited for Hawaiian to hire but now got hired elsewhere... just a bit late.
Are the pilot central pay rates still up to date? If so, well done.

Here's proof history repeats itself. If things don't change in seven years they will have new Aircraft with cheap leases and payments courtesy of Federal
Bankruptcy Court. Sign ME UP!

Want to buy French Rifles. Never fired and only dropped once..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back