• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian goes Airbus, orders 24

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boeing makes a pilot's aircraft. The Airbus just won't last, and the automation isn't safe unless it is in a controlled scenario.

You know, some people just is ignant!

The Airbus is holding up quite well, plenty of older birds around (of course old is relative, since the first 320 started revenue flying in 1987) DHL and others still operate the A-300, AMR has -600R and UPS/FDX liked the bus so much, they got the production line extended.

As for your other comment, the safety record speaks for itself.

Oh well, carry on with your tirade, maybe you can bring up the airshow accident!

Last edited:
Not suprised you were the one to say what you did. Have you ever flown any Airbus equiptment? The old Boeing vs. Airbus argument is boring and childish, what does it matter what type they are getting? You should be carefull when you get off your high horse, you might step in something you don't like.

Wow, I didn't know I struck a nerve......Feel inadequate do ya? I think it is great they are expanding, and I was just taking a fun jab at airbus pilots like Dizel8. Have I ever flown an Airbus? Has ANYONE ever really FLOWN an Airbus?(besides the A300) I have sat up front on the jumpseat several times, and I thought it was as cool or cooler than the Millenium Falcon.....Happy now? Oooooh---I should be careful when I get off my high horse, or I might step in something I WON'T LIKE..... Shut up nerd. I can't believe I posted another post (on the road to 10k)to respond to you....Not worth it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
You know, some people just is ignant!

The Airbus is holding up quite well, plenty of older birds around (of course old is relative, since the first 320 started revenue flying in 1987) DHL and others still operate the A-300, AMR has -600R and UPS/FDX liked the bus so much, they got the production line extended.

As for your other comment, the safety record speaks for itself.

Oh well, carry on with your tirade, maybe you can bring up the airshow accident!

Old birds? How do you know? You guys keep selling your Airbi when they get 5 years old (and need MX that isn't covered in your secret Airbus deal). Also, Airbus just closed the A300 line with the last one going to Fedex.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Son, I think you are on the wrong forum. You might be more at home on the regional or charter forum!

No, I think that was targeted at you gramps. I think you need to get off your high horse, and watch for poop down below!

Bye Bye--General Lee

On airline pilot central it says that the most junior Captain was hired in 1991? Is this correct?

That was correct until this last vacancy bid that just closed. There were a couple of '92 hires that had just made Captain when we went through the bankruptcy in '03, which caused a lot of downgrades, along with them furloughing a bunch of us. For several years ('03 to '06) it was back to '87 hires as the junior Captain. Over the past year and a half we've recalled a bunch and upgraded a lot too, so we are currently back to where we left off before the bankruptcy. HA didn't hire from '92 until late '98, and now some of those '98's and early '99's will be upgrading in the coming months.

That's just the way it is at HA. We don't have a lot of growth, and very little attrition. It has taken an average of 10 to 12 years to upgrade here, and we all knew that when we hired on. That's why it's so hard to get hired here; not a lot of growth, and nobody leaves except with a retirement party or on a stretcher. Hopefully this new batch of planes will allow for some moderate growth, and new hiring too (which hasn't happened since July of '01).

HAL

Hey Hansoma,
Time to update your personal info - you're not haulin the trash out of Vegas anymore! How is the commute over the pass going? Congrats on taking your recall back to HAL, things are going nowhere fast around here.

Hey Hansoma,
Time to update your personal info - you're not haulin the trash out of Vegas anymore! How is the commute over the pass going? Congrats on taking your recall back to HAL, things are going nowhere fast around here.

He's fine, and working as my personal gofer boy. Once in a while we let him out of the cage to post here although since I'm senior to him again, he'd better watch what he says! :D

HAL

I wonder where you guys are going to go with these things? Same places or new places?

I doubt they'll decide for sure until a few months before the new planes arrive, although it will probably be a mix of both. If it is new international destinations though, I'm sure they'll be working on getting route authorities in the mean time.

HAL

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back