Hawaii in a "X"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NW Flyer

So, our flight department is considering a Citation X. One typical mission would be from Seattle to Hawaii.

Can any of you seasoned "ten" guys (or gals) give me some insight on this trip?
---Are we going to run into a wet footprint?
---Will we have to run down to Cali for a fuel stop?
---Should we be looking for something else?

So, our flight department is considering a Citation X. One typical mission would be from Seattle to Hawaii.

Can any of you seasoned "ten" guys (or gals) give me some insight on this trip?
---Are we going to run into a wet footprint?
---Will we have to run down to Cali for a fuel stop?
---Should we be looking for something else?

Only flew HI in the X a few times. Each time we flew to SFO 1st for fuel.

Flew at max speed each time.

Only flew HI in the X a few times. Each time we flew to SFO 1st for fuel.

Flew at max speed each time.

Where were you coming from? Did you stop in SFO because it was on your way, and you had already flown a while to get to the west coast? Or, were you coming from the PNW, and made the SFO stop to gain range?

The X is nice from what I hear, but it is a bit cramped up front (although I am sure your owner couldn't care less about that for you).

Are you still looking at other types or have you settled on the X? Have you considered the Falcon 50EX?

Where were you coming from? Did you stop in SFO because it was on your way, and you had already flown a while to get to the west coast? Or, were you coming from the PNW, and made the SFO stop to gain range?

Coming from Kallispel, MT on one trip. SFO is kind of on the way if you look at HI on a global map. Other trips seem to funnel through SFO as well usually. I have never flown SOCAL-HI or SEA-HI so I can't speak as to how well the plane would do that trip.

I am thinking SFO was the fuel stop due to range as well. SFO sticks out JUST enough to do the trip safely.

I flew HI trips from SFO as well. SFO gives you the best distance advantage and the best tracks to HI. I'm not sure how the tracks run from SEA though. Convince your flight department to buy a Global Express!! Tell them.. NOPE, the X can't do it, but the Global can!

The X is nice from what I hear, but it is a bit cramped up front (although I am sure your owner couldn't care less about that for you).

Are you still looking at other types or have you settled on the X? Have you considered the Falcon 50EX?

We haven't 100% decided on a Ten, but it's a strong front runner. For reasons that are beyond the scope of this discussion, the Falcon is not an option. The G200 was in the running, but seems to have run right off the end of the runway, so here we are.

So, nobody here has flown the X from Seattle to Hawaii?

I've flown it to HI from MRY, SFO, and OAK. Seems to be a trend. Was within comfortable limits from those dept points. I did some day rate work for a company who would fly from SDL, (Scottsdale AZ) non-stop to HI. Seemed to make the guys pretty nervous, for obvious reasons. Think they're flying a DA-900 now so its no sweat. I'm guessing Seattle to HI would be pretty tight. I flew for a company that did contract work for Netjets and they had no problem making fuel stops when there was a shadow of a doubt. Maybe thats why you won't find many Netjet pilots who haven't flown out of any airport to HI from anywhere else but the bay area.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back